Westfield £10 Parts Vouchers

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Gave up hoping anyone had a spare heater duct, so just gave the parts department at Westfield a quick call; ordered some other bits and bobs while I was on, what a lovely surprise to find there's a promotion running in the parts department at the moment, spend £50 or more and get a £10 discount voucher.

Ah well, that'll be Chrimbo pressie vouchers lining up for me then! :d:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

I believe there will be an official post outlining the offer in the WSCC Sponsors area at some point. :)

If you have ever sent an email to the parts department, as I have, you should get a promotional email. Its a great idea in my opinion. Enjoy spending your vouchers. :t-up:

More like a quick way of generating cash flow for a struggling business.

Question is if you order any parts what is the chances of any of it turning up, judging by other posts on the site?

• Like 1

According to the last magazine there is ment to be 10% off online but have seen no evidence of it on the site.

Need a few bits though so will be on the phone next week

More like a quick way of generating cash flow for a struggling business.

Question is if you order any parts what is the chances of any of it turning up, judging by other posts on the site?

So you're knocking an offer which, if you play it correctly and effectively, is equivalent to 20% off your next purchase? Really? I think it's a very generous offer and I warmly welcome it.

I'm sure as there is absolutely no evidence of it whatsoever, that you are talking in general terms about companies offering gift vouchers and are not committing possible libel (which would be entirely down to you - see Forum Guidelines) by suggesting Westfield Sportscars in particular are a "struggling business". (I really, really dislike libel lawyers and so should all of us.)

With regards to parts being delivered late, I'm sure the factory are just as unhappy about getting late deliveries from their suppliers as they are to get calls from unhappy customers waiting for said late parts. Such are the difficult supply chain times in which we live - it's a real nightmare out there. Trust me, I know.

Lately, the brass at the factory have really stepped up, coming to local area meets, listening to what our members have to say, telling them about what's happening at Kingswinford, and really getting involved with us. They've made this offer to us, in which no one is obliged to take part, and to which many of us are happy to benefit.

I can understand cynicism sometimes - I can be a cynic myself. However, I really don't think that kind of remark is terribly helpful to anyone, and can only serve to prevent them making future offers if repeated - would you be generous to people who criticised you?

Don't mistake this as a "standing up for the factory" post - it's not. I'm standing up for the club by encouraging suppliers and the factory to work with us to our mutual benefit. Things have really been positive and improving lately, something I've been encouraging behind the scenes. Please don't undermine that. No one is perfect, but we can work together to make it better. Honey, flies etc.

Thanks. :t-up:

• Like 6

This isn't just a WSCC offer though is it? I got an email from the parts dept or have they emailed through this website as members?

Now if I was a devious, scheming, fat old Colonial b*****d - which I might be - I'd be getting all my individual friends to buy me an early Christmas gift of a £50 voucher and getting the free £10 voucher as well. Or getting them to buy them on my behalf.

It's a good job I'm not a devious, scheming, fat old Colonial b*****d.

(Speaking with my real world sales director hat on, try to take into account Simon (I'm guessing) probably had to sell this discount idea to Julian - if it doesn't work, Simon gets a rollocking and we don't get future discounts. Think about it.)

This isn't just a WSCC offer though is it? I got an email from the parts dept or have they emailed through this website as members?

No, not just a WSCC offer, and the factory do not have, nor will they ever have, the list of WSCC member email addresses - we are totally and completely independent from the factory and always will be. If they emailed you, it's because they had your email address on their own records.

I think they only sent the email to good looking people

Are you flirting with Geoff?