F***ing Weather!

Norman Verona

The weather forecast was for a nice rain free day. Picture showed a sun with little white fluffy clouds. Ah, how sweet.

Was out this morning so this afternoon took the kitchen to lounge door off and outside to sand down prior to a coat of varnish. Got on well and was just doing the metal strap hinges with a wire brush in a drill when.......

It rains, hard and wet!!!

So, I get the electric tools in, then bring the door in, getting soaked for my troubles. The sky is dark cloud as far as I can see (which is a long way). Get the door hung and come in here to catch up on the gossip.

I just looked up and.......

The suns shining and no rain.

I've got one strap hinge to finish off and then varnish. I'll do that with the door on its hinges.

Had the satisfaction of a nice blat to 'Nam (Chippenham) this afternoon and getting back into the garage jeeeeuuuusttt before the heavens opened. Yay!

OK, all done. Hinge strap wire brushed and both treated with anti-rust. Then the wood coated with clear varnish. Looks OK, all old and beaten up.

Door doesn't look bad either.

Rebuilt Computer desks...removed old fluorescant (how the hell do you spell that..)lights from 19 foot ceiling.. removed all the building junk accumulated over this past month..Ok..all old and beaten up.....

I've returned all tnhe tools I no longer need to where they're stored 3 times now.

But they just keep coming back.

I'm painting today and, if it stops raining later I'll have another clean up and return the unwanted tools. HM's complaining about the mess. I was tempted to clean everything up and say that's it, job finished. Eggs and omelette's came to mind.

Big cleanup again today, my girl has all her family coming over today and they are staying the night. Got to be clean for the family you know.....managed to get out in the car last night for a sunset blast, was brilliant. Got a bottle of 20 year old port I'm opening tonight, might go for a quick blat first.

Yesh ossifer.....dush yore ed go to the top of yoos elmet! Hiccup!!!!