Warwick Uni To Stoneleigh

s2rrr

My lad starts at Warwick Uni on Sunday, am I right in thinking that Stoneleigh Park is pretty close, but just how far away is it. It will make for some extra parental visits.

Bob :)

Less than 5 miles! :)

Thats good, no excuse not to attend next year is there. I'm told the place is massive and will find out on Sunday.

Cheers

Bob :):d

They call it Warwick but god knows why as its nearer to Stoneleigh than Warwick. You could walk there

Even better, I was also lead to believe its Coventry as well, confused I am. Maybe they are all pretty close, will find out tomorrow when I get lost, no I have the sat nav primed so that can't happen unless its Apples version which it ain't.

Bob :)

The place is huge, well it was 13 years ago when I went to have a look around there before i applied.

It used to be an "branch" of IBM but I think they pulled out when the CEO woke up one morning and decided they had 50,000 more staff than they needed.

The sales blurb says 5000 staff, not all academics I assume but that a pretty big establishment. Hope he fits in ok. He's also got his driving test in 5 1/2 hours, that will take his mind off things for a while I guess. Freshers week, them there discos most nights Nick Grimshaw and Zane Low already booked, foam party and cheap beer plenty ladies what a trauma, lucky B*gg*r, oh to be 18 again.

Bob :d .

He'll fit in fine, excellent establishment. Why it's called Warwick is a mystery, though. Coventry city centre is about 3-4 miles north, Soneleigh Park is 4-5 miles east, but many students prefer to live to the south here in Lemington and use the direct buses to campus about 8-10 miles as the town is known for its nightlife being better than Coventry. The Warwick Arts Centre on the campus has a full program of concerts, plays, and stand-up comics.

If he needs help at any point, drop me a line and I'll do what I can.

Right, right, Mr Memb. Sec, so we just happen to live in a town with a vibrant student night life, it'll be photos of your "niece" in the Westfield with you next, you old rake! ;):d

Terry Thomas style moustache for you for Movember by any chance? Although inviting some young fillie for a ride in the Weeeeesty doesnt have quite the ring of the "Jaaaag"

Tut Tut

:p:oops:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My brother went to Warwick Uni. Doesn't it have the largest SU in the country? Remember it being pretty immense!

That should be the deciding factor in any university choice right?

Moi? The eighth Marquis of MemSec, cruising through town at 2 AM in my Westfield, passing the establishments hosting hen parties, with champagne on ice and a fine Cuban cigar on the go?

Tally ho! :cool::t-up:

423_stream.jpg
  • Like 1