Pinto Westfield Se With Swept Wings

allegory

Westfield SE with swept wings - First registered in 1995. Owed by me since 2004 and has been maintained and upgraded during this time.
Car has recently passed its MOT so has another 9/10 months to run. It now has just over 14k miles on the clock and stretched its legs around silverstone on 6 Nov.

Engine
2.0 Ford Pinto rebuilt in 2007 as follows
Mike Tanski (@ Ferriday) machined high compression head,
Kent FR32 cam (fast road cam),
Vernier pulley
Westfield rocker cover
K & N filters
New leads
Engine was tuned in at Northampton Motor Sport giving 136bhp. Graph available
Twin Dellorto carbs 40’s – Refurbed in 2007 and subsequently correctly jetted and set up by NMS
Heat wrapped exhaust manifold and standard Westfield exhaust
Polo radiator with manual bypass switch for puller fan
Recon alternator fitted Sept 2012

Transmission
Live axle
2007 Refurb Grenada type 9 gearbox - 5 speed with long 1st gear

Brakes
Aug 2014 Procomp fitted refurbished M16 front brakes with green stuff brake pads

Rear callipers

Suspension
Old Spax shocks fitted all round
Corner weighted and geometry set up by NMS in [2008]
Quickrack fitted by procomp in 2011

Chassis
Narrow body chassis - number is 92 WSE 2870
RAC roll bar fitted

Interior
New carbon effect dashboard and savage switches fitted in 2011 including VDO instrument (speedo, rev counter, water temp, oil pressure, fuel gauge)
Padded JK composite narrow seats on runners fitted 2008
4 point harness fitted in 2008
Momo steering wheel with quick release boss

Other
M&P small headlights
15” Wolfrace alloys with toyo r888’s fitted
Spa Mirrors and rally design centre mirror
Playskool carbon fibre aero-screen
Playskool carbon fibre effect rear arch protectors
Immobiliser fitted

Bad bits
Bodywork is showing its age and I never renewed the (now chipped and grazed) bonnet after it flew off many years ago and took an excursion along the A435 south of B’ham. There are also a couple of cracks in the tub just before the wheel arches.

General
Car started life with roof, doors and and chrome gear and i have slowly changed it with an aim to enjoying more track days as opposed to simply touring. It has taught me plenty of the basics and I am now looking to replace it with a more focussed track car.
For the avoidance of doubt, the car has been used in the wet. After driving home in what became a half filled bathtub, I ditched the carpets and drilled some holes in the floor. Since then, it has been on and survived the infamous RAF Cottesmore wet track day.

I am based near J2 of the M5 (oldbury) but the car travels to Lincolnshire for my Dad to use on occasion.

Plenty of photos and receipts to be viewed so please pm me for more details.

Looking for £4k or would offer as part ex against a more track orientated car.

I also have a BJ trailer which could be negotiated in the sale (but my preference is to keep this for the next car) or used to assist with delivery.

Edited for price and general info

Please could some generous soul assist me with posting the photos as my firewall seems to block access to the various hosting sites.

Would be much appreciated

Alistair

Are you able to send the photos in an email? If yes, fire them over to mr (underscore) b1tch (at) hotmail (dot) com and I'll sort out some hosting :)

Blimey, that sounds like a lot of car and fun for £5k. Best of luck with the sale! :t-up:

Thanks for the offers to assist with the photos and the comments chaps.

Cheers

Alistair

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the look of swept wings. Always wondered how they would look with aeroscreen and micro headlights - it's the definition of sleekness.

Ben

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bttt

It's off to Bedford autrodrome tommorrow for a run out and then at oulton park next friday if anyone wants to see it running.

thanks

alistair

• 1 year later...

Hi all - slight post resurrection.

I have just updated the sale advert as seeing a number of track focussed cars available that interest me and general advice seems to be to buy a car that suits your needs rather than spend a lot of money on upgrades.

I will upload a video of it in action at Silverstone yesterday over the weekend hopefully.

Thanks for looking.

Alistair

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.