Temporary Solution Is Beer...

Andy Rob

Yep, the new Boardrooms swear filter picks some weird regular words out too, just cause a middle bit is deemed rude!

Beer fridge in the garage/workshop should go down in the vital tools lists :d sometimes it really is key, just to sit back, have a beer and get a fresh perspective on a job.

Russ to the rescue!

Reliable Russ is back and tells me that the gearstick gaiter in the carpet may be in the wrong place. Have to give him some measurements on Monday.

From the photos he says my gearbox is in the right place. He also says that the gear k**b will naturally run close to the dashboard, so recommends putting it in 4th gear and using a bar to bend it back slightly.

Don't think I will even attempt that until I get this carpet issue resolved!

Will keep you posted.

Russ confirms I have the wrong carpet.

The gearstick gaiter on the Type 9 and MT75 are different by about 80mm, which explains everything!

Snag list is getting shorter, but can't help thinking my IVA will be in the snow!!

Really appreciate the solution, the beer may not have worked that one out for itself!!

Still a viable option though, lets not rule it out...

To Beer! The Cause of, and Solution to, All Life’s Problems!

- Homer J. Simpson c.1997

"Here, here", or should that be, "beer, beer"

Just read your solution in bending the gear lever.

I wouldn't strain the selectors and forks like that. I'd remove the gear lever (3 screws) heat it and bend. Refit lever and continue with this until it's where you want it. Local garage will have oxy-acetyline for heat.

Thanks guys, better safe than sorry.

Guess that's the newly fitted carpets coming out again *sob*