What Header Tank Do You Have?

uk89camaro

I'm tidying up under the bonnet and am getting rid of the scabby intravenous bag that doubles as a washer bottle, and ditto the odd looking Land rover header tank.

Question is, what stock header tank (i.e. from the breakers yard) fits the best mounted on the firewall just above the steering column.

I've seen a fiesta one that looks almost right, but only has one mounting point that faces the fire wall.

So I ask, what have you.

I assume header tanks are interchangeable as long as you can mount them?

I've a spare one of these if your interested

http://www.rallydesi...5s3i0a59b044a76

That's really nice, but I think it wouldn't suit my car. (A bit matt black, and not for show, even though it has an ally catch tank!)

I assume header tanks are interchangeable as long as you can mount them?

Pretty much, yes.

I know the one I was supplied for my build was a GM part, but I'm afraid I don't know what it came off.

Here it is:

DSCF3430.jpg

Until about two years ago Westfield supplied a ford tank (I think early Fiesta) but now supply teh GM tank shown above.

David

• Like 1

Yeah, Mk 1/2 Fiesta, they started getting really hard to get hold of though, I think I had one of the last batch the factory got. I suspect it might be a Corsa, but not sure which.

Until about two years ago Westfield supplied a ford tank (I think early Fiesta) but now supply teh GM tank shown above.

David

I think you are correct.

Got this but done few mods on it,

http://www.merlinmot...oduct_info.html

Looks nice, but how do you easily see the water level? That's what I thought anyway.

My header tank needs replacing, been on the 'to do' list for a few years now...

Has anyone got a part number for the GM tank?

I have an Aprilla RS 125 tank, very small & cheap, like this. Was worried it might not cope but so far OK if fill system to minimum although I only use on a sprint car that does not see many laps without a cool down.

I have an Aprilla RS 125 tank, very small & cheap, like this. Was worried it might not cope but so far OK if fill system to minimum although I only use on a sprint car that does not see many laps without a cool down.

That is probably a bit small for road use, but suits your application well it seems.

the current model header tank is available on the Westfield parts website, not sure how the price compares with elsewhere though. Assuming you can work out what it is and where to get it from, though a discussion with the parts dept might point you in the correct direction.

If your existing one is just dirty/stained, try giving it a clean up. I took mine off, bunged up the holes, put some soapy water and a few handfuls of sharp sand in there and shook it about for a few minutes and it came out pretty much as good as new. Obviously needs to be thoroughly flushed out before reusing.

Might be worth a try?

Ben