Carbon Fibre Dash

stickymint

I'm looking to fit a carbon fibre ( or carbon fibre style ) dash.

Can you let me know where you got yours from and how much?

Playskool is very neat and really easy to "work" if you go for a carbon-look dash.

Mickmade genuine carbon dash is a very, very, fine piece of work if you can get one!

Carbonmods

Do they still do one? (It seems to be one of the many Westfield parts no longer appearing on the web site, or at least not easily found!)

No this is another item they are not making , apparently there is more money in contract manufacturing than kitcar parts which is why they are scaling that side of the operation down , this is what I have been told , although stand to be corrected .

Carbon mods don't anymore. If you get carbon look you need everything carbon look, it you do carbon you'll not be able to get carbon look anything. The two look shocking next to each other.

However the one's first here for £95+ p&p is a bargain and I'm getting one!!!

Speak to Julian at aerodynamix.co.uk.............. top quality stuff, trust me

Will as soon as I can sneak it round the wife. Not trimmed though. So how do I go about getting it shaped to my car?

Will as soon as I can sneak it round the wife. Not trimmed though. So how do I go about getting it shaped to my car?

You can cut/trim with one of these perma grit blades, they are very good http://www.carbonmod...lade__JSB1.aspx

When I did mine, I just covered the front and back in masking tape, offer it up to the steering column and draw on the masking tape and then cut the hole out, then you can lay it flat against the scuttle and the draw round the scuttle. I just cut mine with a blunt jig saw. Don't for get these are kit cars and everyone is different, that's why they come as un-cut

Job Done

I like the masking tape idea! I was going to remove the dash, strap them together, mark out the bolt holes, bolt them together and cut it out with my dremel and cutting discs.

I just know the edge won't be all that smooth and little wobbles will really drive me nuts when fitted!

Jigsaw/perms grit does sound good... But not wobble free. Although perma grit/jigsaw will be a good idea for the future!

I think bolt them together and mark on the masked surface, cut and sand... Going to take a while!

I like the masking tape idea! I was going to remove the dash, strap them together, mark out the bolt holes, bolt them together and cut it out with my dremel and cutting discs.

I just know the edge won't be all that smooth and little wobbles will really drive me nuts when fitted!

Jigsaw/perms grit does sound good... But not wobble free. Although perma grit/jigsaw will be a good idea for the future!

I think bolt them together and mark on the masked surface, cut and sand... Going to take a while!