Stoneleigh 2003 - ALL MEMBERS

Mark Stanton

Could you please forward this onto all WSCC members attending Stoneleigh either by e-mail or phone/fax etc. ASAP.

Please help spread the news to all members

Stoneleigh 2003

I have received important info today from Stoneleigh organisers - Our original stand No. 59 is unfortunately out of action - it is extremely wet, boggy and muddy.

Plan B - The new club stand for WSCC members cars is now to be situated inside "The Blackdown Buildings" opposite our old stand. The new area is undercover and located inside Halls 4 to 13 inclusive.

Directions : Upon entering showground - Turn first left into 1st Street after medical centre building : Continue to end of 1st Street and turn right, follow the perimeter road all the way through to The Rank Village Buildings, after these buildings turn right onto 6th Street or next right into 7th street to access The Blackdown Buildings.

If you are unsure of directions please ask at the kit car entrance (Machinery Gate) for a map - the organisers have said these will be available to all WSCC members.

There are plenty of access and exit doors, please keep them clear and park sensibly in rows to allow general access for the public and other members cars.

General starting and revving of engines is NOT permitted. Only start your engine when you are leaving and please do not Speed or use high revs.

I will be on site Saturday - siting club marquee - which will hopefully be outside the main show entrance off 6th Street - it may still be possible to pitch tents on Stand 59 - but I will know more on Saturday and will post further info on WSCC website boardroom.

Don't panic - I will find a suitable spot for everyone to pitch their tents for Sunday evening, for a small gratuity of a 1 full can of Stella ;-))) per tent.

Thanks

Mark Stanton  :D  ;)  ;)  :D  :)  :)  :D  ;)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Westfields Rock On

• scott beeland

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

SWMBO says she will donate 10 cans of MY Stella if she can have an en-suite pitch :D:d  :D  :D  :D

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Del  ;)  :D  :D  The WSCC will be in Blackdown Building No. 4 nearest Entrance 5 which is a pedestrian access only - hence the drive and route  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Just a couple of quick questions from a first timer.

What entrance number is for kit cars?

If I want to park on the WSCC stand do I have let anyone know in advance?

Do I have to buy tickets in advance?

Thanks

What entrance number is for kit cars?

Follow the signs for Kit cars to the Machinery Entrance - its all very clearly sign-posted

If I want to park on the WSCC stand do I have let anyone know in advance?

Nope just turn up

Do I have to buy tickets in advance?

Nope

Hold on, pitching a tent?  ;) surely this could be an embarrasment. What if the pole caught on the steering wheel  :devil:  :D  :(  :blush:  :arse:  :zzz:

Just a couple of quick questions from a first timer.

I see

Join the WSCC .......... You know it makes sense .......... one of the few things that does around here.

Hmmmm, Missed opportunity Mark?

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

B

Da*n and blast  :angry:

I suppose the sheds got a concrete floor  ???

and I've gone to a load of trouble sorting out support posts for the great unveiling of the Manchester banner   :D

One day to sort out plan B  ???

now theres a test for an AO  :0

cheered me up no end that inside is ideal, will be there sun and mon, what about pitching tent inside as well, mine dont need pegs in ya see. :D

We could probably squeeze 40 into Marks van!

Bet you can't  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  ;)

String, rope, gaffa tape and tie wraps may be required to hang up all the area banners - and tall AO's  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

We still have our marquee with lights, tables and chairs for a sunday evening soiree  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  ;)  Area banners can be hung form that as well