Scottish Area - 30Th Sept 'meerkat' Run

kev91

Weather p12h today lad's ! it's lashing down in Xford. :(

I'M OUT !

Have a safe one ,Wee Dov!

Well I set off today but not in the westie, got a call from a few of the others from kilmahog and they decided to call it quiets just to much standing water to be out and enjoy it.

Hope nobody had turned up and we have miss you.

Kev

Bummer ....

No rain in Airdrie when i pulled the Tiger from the garage.

Stuck on the halfroof just in case.

Down pore at Cumbernauld but decided to keep on going in the hope it would ease off.

Got to meeting point at 9:10am

Had a coffee - waited for the dedicated blatters to appear !!!!!

Looks like only TIGERS like water :d

Had to fight my way thru the tourists to get back into the Tiger

CIMG3150_zps071ebcfb.jpg[/img]

Headed home back thru another downpore.

10 out of 10 for the Toyo R1Rs ... handled the standing water with no issues.</p>

Would like to do the blat to Oban some other time ....

Tiger now going on sworn.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>See you all next year.</p>

Well done for turning out; I've been really impressed with R1R's in those conditions too.

The weather in Linlithgow at 8:15am was fine and looked ok out Stirling way but the rain started to come down as we went along the M9. There had obviously been some really heavy rain earlier at Callander and on the approach to Kilmahog there was a flooded stretch of road about 30m long. Matt at the front gave himself a bit of a drenching going through a bit quickly, followed by Al and Steve. Then when I started heading through, I had the misfortune to meet two w4nkers coming the other way in tin tops who didn't bother to slow and I watched the resulting 7 foot high wall of water coming towards me in slow motion knowing that I was going to get soaked. Now I know what surfer dudes surfing under the huge curling waves feel like.

We definitely made the right decision to abort at Kilmahog after the rain came hammering down, as the standing water was dangerous and there was no sign of any let up the way we were heading and we all know that Matt has a fondness for doing a bit of Westy tree hugging in conditions like that :d

We should definitely arrange that run for another day though as it looks like a cracking run.

I hit the same stretch of water. Must have boiled half when it hit the exhaust.

What time did you get to Kilmahog?

No one was there when I arrived just after 9am.

Must admit though - I having come thu the downpore at Cumbrnauld I had decided I was not going on the full run.

Plan was to go to meeting point, have a quick chat then head back home.

Think it was the correct decision. To risky to continue with the level of standing water.

Cheers

Jim

I hit the same stretch of water. Must have boiled half when it hit the exhaust.

What time did you get to Kilmahog?

No one was there when I arrived just after 9am.

We were there about 9:10am Jim and stayed til about 9:35am. We were in the big 2nd car park (to the left hand side of the coffee shop?). Don't tell me you were in the 1st one and we didn't see you?

Yep,

I was parked next to Hamish the coooo.

When I came out of the shop,the Tiger was hidden by a tourist bus.

You would have missed me when you left the car park.

Must have missed each other by minutes ....

Steve and myself (WSCC Scottish Area / Northern Branch) had a nice run out. :t-up:

Stupidly (my idea) we traveled west from Inverness and encountered the dreaded rain :(

As we headed homewards it dried up again. I enjoyed my day out, but I'm glad we opted to keep it local especially since oban was a washout.

It was nice to meet Steve too. Hope you got home okay. When I got home it was lovely - warm and sunny, best I'd seen all day.

Would be up for the Oban run too, if it's re-run :yes:

We should definitely rearrange the Oban run but it certainly was the right decision to abort on Sunday and sorry to Jim that we missed you. Still, I had a pleasant afternoon at home stripping the diff out to go to Bob's pal for an overhaul.

That 'wee puddle' before Kilmahog was enormous. I should have remembered that it usually floods there - I did when the car turned into a submarine! All I could see was the glow of the headlights through a wall of water and I think most of it ended up in the cockpit.

I'll have the car on the road through the winter, so once the diff is back in, I'd be up for a blat or two.

Cheers, Matt

Cheers,

Matt

Yea Doug and I had a good run trying to keep out of the rain. Did the loop from Inverness, down Loch Ness side across to Eilean Donan castle and back via Dingwall77251712.jpg

Yea Doug and I had a good run trying to keep out of the rain. Did the loop from Inverness, down Loch Ness side across to Eilean Donan castle and back via Dingwall77251712.jpg

The cars look great and it's nice to see some more non yellow cars in Scotland :d

Tut tut Mr Dastardly parking in a disabled spot. Driving a Westy in the p1ssing rain only means your mentally challenged, not physically disabled :p

Not often you see Blue coloured kits, then like buses, 2 come along together :d

Nice looking machines .... for Westies that is !!!