The Good Morning & Weather Report Thread

Norman Verona

Do you really want to know?

It's embarrassing.

OK, here goes.

HM buys a pineapple every week. Problem is, even though the rough end of this pineapple is clearly visible in the fridge, she forgets about it. I never help myself to food, HM serves it up so she's happy I'm getting the right food. (Yea, right!).

Anyway, yesterday I reminded her there was this pineapple in the fridge and we should eat it before it goes off.

So I cut this pineapple into slices. HM doesn't want any but it's at the point of being overripe. I have 3 slices.

As I finish it I notice my lips are stinging slightly. I wipe my lips on a tissue. It's bright red. I look in the mirror. The acid from the pineapple has stripped the skin off my lips. I spent the night with a folded tissue between my lips. I had to keep it there until lunchtime this morning before it stopped bleeding.

So, this morning it looked like I had applied the brightest red lipstick. With my unruly white hair I looked like a clown.

Now you know.

And, no, I haven't taken any photos.

Geez Norm, that's weird... Guess you leave the pineapples alone for a while. Never heard of them getting acidic like that. I'll stick to my bananas!

Geez Norm, that's weird... Guess you leave the pineapples alone for a while. Never heard of them getting acidic like that. I'll stick to my bananas!

Pineapple is very acidic. The processors who can them have to wear special gloves.

I suppose the root of the problem was (is) that I'm run down after my cough and when you get like that your lips go dry and crack. I guess that I had a few very fine cracks in my lips which had let the acid in.

Kiwi fruit is also very acidic.

Morning all.

Dull, grey but dry.

At the moment we have no rain forecast for next 4 days so I may just put some varnish on the porch timber on Sunday. I'll leave the inside so the wood can still dry.

Re doing the storm windows, teaching students Photoshop and photography, painting the upper section of the studio/living room walls.And.............blatting.....

Re doing the storm windows, teaching students Photoshop and photography, painting the upper section of the studio/living room walls.And.............blatting.....

Not all at once I hope :)

Of course, how else is he going to get it finished.

I'll have to start again next week. Hoping to finish the porch then a couple of weeks inside on the last little bits and pieces.

After that I can do some work on the car.

I'm K  n   ackered, where's me Guinness.....

Good morning all from a very grey Southend on Sea!

Another day of work beckons before I can set sail for home......well considering the recent weather it is quite likely I'll need a boat  :d

Morning all, even those in Southend-on-Mud.

Grey and dull here, but dry.