The Good Morning & Weather Report Thread

Norman Verona

OK, got the wood, 50 x 75 x 4000. It was fun bringing them back in the Espace.

Didn't get any work done. We took the Renault back and Jacob brought me home, via the bar. So 5 beers later I've arrived.

No, I'll be OK. If not will you visit me in hospital?

Of course. I need to make 8 cuts of the battens and 12 cuts of floorboard. Seeing as I fed my thumb into the saw on the second cut I may be pushing my luck :)

Somebody let me know when he's finished...covering my eyes and ears now..

Morning all.we are off to the Mayan riviera for a couple of weeks. Keep up the count.....

Morning all, bit dark still outside and no rain as yet. Been busy at work so almost radio silence, soon be finished though. Bit worried that Norm has power tools in mind, fingers crossed or at least whats left of them, bye for now , off to the tread mill soon.

Bob ;)

Morning all, morning Bob, I'll be fine.

I hope

Mornin all :t-up:

Nout wrong with power tools, I've got loads, been using them all my working life and still got all my fingers :o

Morning Paul. I've been using power tools (DIY and hobby wise only) since woodwork at school. That was 1960. I've only hurt myself once. last March, which needed hospital attention.

Anyway, it keeps the posts up.

I've now cut 5 x 4 metre lengths of 50 x 75 into 1.6 m lengths with .8 leftover. And 6 x 2 meter floor boards in half.

All fingers and thumbs present.

Reminds me of a chap who used to live nearby. He was laying a wood floor and the guard on his circular saw was getting in his way. So he removed it. Then cut halfway through his arm! Helicoptered to Angers where surgeons sewed it back on. That was 4 years ago and I understand he still hasn't regained full use of that hand. Luckily he's an IT project manager so not that inconvenient. He now lives in the UK.

Forgot to say good morning this morning. My desk top was shut down so had to post using my phone (on a docking keyboard/screen).

Sorry, I'm sure you'll forgive me.

No need to apologise Norman, I'm only just finding time to get online, so, evening all.

Evening Paul. I've had a busy day. Finished the floor this morning and helped Jacob build a low wall around the porch using solid concrete blocks. I'm now so tired it's hard staying awake. I'm going to watch the footie as I don't know any scores.

Morning all from Mexico.....it's hot the resort is magic, food and booze plentiful...