The Good Morning & Weather Report Thread

Norman Verona

Morning from a very dull and very wet Rotherham. Just off out for a walk with my dogs then got to sort all the forms out to return to the solicitor for my impending house sale.

Damp and overcast here today, the side effects from my flu jab on Saturday seem to be making me feel just the same :down::bangshead:

Side effects, that's why I refuse it. Over here I can walk into the pharmacy and get it - simple.

But as we don't mix with others a lot, no buses, trains, offices or even crowded overheated pubs the risk of catching 'flu is minimal.

The bar I go to sometimes is not heated and the most I've ever seen in there other than when there's some function on in the village, is about 4.

Right, Good morning all, it's still dull and raining.

It is not a good morning today. bl**dy fog has grounded my flight, useless ground staff and even the airline dont know whats happening!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Could understand it if i was in my PA28, but 3million pound airplanes with radar, collision avoidance traffic service etc should be able to desl with it

I was at east Midland a few years ago. The temperature was below freezing. We boarded the plane about an hour late, at about 21:00. Then the wings were de-iced and we sat there for another 20 minutes. The captain was given clearance to take off and we went down the runway - and all the way back. The runway was frozen and the captain wouldn't take off. So we came back to the parking slot and sat there whilst the runway was de-iced. By which time the wings needed de-icing again. We eventually took off nearly 2 hours late.

I told this tale on the darkside and said that the airport controllers were at fault for sending a plane out on a frozen runway.

Of course, being the darkside one person didn't read the post properly and tore into me for daring to say the pilot was at fault for making me late but putting all all the passengers at risk.

I still maintain that air traffic control should have know the runway was frozen and de-iced it before the plane. I wasn't bothered about being late as I didn't have a meeting to go to, just home.

As you say, the pleasures of flying.

Good morning, more snow last night. All we need now is chuffin Bing Crosby singing white Christmas...

It can be arranged. Can he bring Jimmy Saville with him?

If he does chances are Jimmy will have him singing in a higher key by now.....wink wink..any port in a storm.

Probably. The BBC are screening a Panorama special tonight on why the Newsnight programme was canned. Should be interesting.

Morning all, we're up early (for us) as we start on the porch today. 3 days of dry weather, lets see how far we can get.

Mornin' Norman :t-up:

I dont want to see a reply before 6.00pm, so you can get that porch finished :d

Posted Today, 10:10 AM

Mornin' Norman :t-up:

I dont want to see a reply before 6.00pm, so you can get that porche finished :d

Blimey thats a fast build