The Good Morning & Weather Report Thread

Norman Verona

Which bit of your body requires plaster this time......

Plaster cast...plaster of Paris.....plaster cene.

No, no. It's a long story so here goes.

We had a chap fit a plasterboard ceiling to the day room. He marked where the wires were for the main lams. Howver he forgot to mark where the two little LED's came out and hung down above the coffee table.

So I guessed where they were and got it perfectly correct. I found the wires and pulled one lamp through the hole I'd cut in the ceiling. Great. But the other wire went off in the opposite direction and wouldn't pull through. So I cut another hole in the ceiling so I could pull the lamp through. Same problem, got the wire but lamp wouldn't come through. After I cut the 3rd hole I realized that he'd trapped the second LED lamp on the other side of the beam.

So today I cut 3 plasterboard discs to fill the holes and plastered over them.

I've been out and popped into the bar for a quick drink, Tomorrow I'll paint over the repair.

It works half as well with only one lamp. Problem is that the other lamp will be on with this one all on its own in the dark. Ahhhh.

Working in the studio/great room and realized that the dry wall installer had covered over the built in vacuum outlet. So......just spent the last hour trying to calculate where it should be, in the end it was down to guess work and three holes in the wall later....think I'm of to the bar as well Norm.!

Good morning all

So who's up early to watch the F1 qualifying?

No early start for me it's 12 noon here :cool:

Morning all, morning Paul. You could hop over to Japan and watch it.

Today menu consists of painting the area of painted ceiling, painting the step into the day room with the most expensive paint I've ever bought. It may take a while to dry as it will be a bit wet from my tears dropping into it. Then I have to move the concrete blocks outside the house into a plinth around the side (between house and pig pen) so as to make an enclosure for the pebbles that the JCB will move from the front of the house to the side. Did I tell you about the JCB? No? Well it'll have to wait.

Don't worry Steve, I'm not operating it.

Good morning from Cornwall it's mainly blue sky with some fluffy cloud. Bit cold though

I agree Filfan, how is Newquay this morning ??

Helston is blue skies, but cold

Sunny but nippy up in Cheshire

I agree Filfan, how is Newquay this morning ??

Helston is blue skies, but cold

Actually in padstow but the suns out and I'm sat in a cafe

Is it morning yet, where's me tea...oh ok I'll put some pants on. Next door neighbor has no sense of humor.

I keep getting the urge to say.................

Good moaning