Took The Mrs For A Drive

FILFAN

had the westy a year now and the mrs has always refused to come along with the usual excuse "who will look after the kids"

so when my mum turned up at the door yesterday and the car was already on the drive i took my chance. as soon as the mrs walked in the door she was met with a helmet and told to keep her shoes on.

by my surprise she said ok :t-up:

now seen as its taken me a year to get her in it and she prob wouldnt be that bothered about going in again i thought i best make the most of it :angry: :angry: :angry:

started off nice and calm through the village and even chilled out in the 60's but when we came to a bit of traffic followed by a roundabout which i was going all the way round all hell broke loose and the new xe didnt miss a beat :d

straight round the 2 cars and thought i best test the new mastercylinder before the roundabout :p

now for the roundabout ( oh did i forget to mention it was rather wet on the rd ) weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the way round with plenty of oversteer and opposite lock and a good drift on the exit :d :d :d all private roads you understand ???

dont think she was that keen on the experiance but i rekon i can get her along for a track day in the future

oh i forgot to mention the quite controlled donut i did in the goods yard on the way home :down:

So what was her reaction when you got home? My wife only went in my last Westie once and I was really well behaved (apart from a bit of 'spirited' overtaking). She wouldn't speak to me when we got back and has never been in the car since!

Matt

She wouldn't speak to me when we got back and has never spoken to me since!

Is that more like the truth? :)

My wife loves the Westfield (and cars in general). I'm not sure what I'd actually need to do to scare her, although she does say the passenger seat on a track day makes her feel a little sick.

It's only because she's into cars I get away with having it in the first place! Her own ideal car criteria can generally be summed up as quick and a little anti-social. I think the Westfield does both nicely :d

Is that more like the truth? :)

Er, well.....yes!

My missus loves the car which is good and bad, we have a blast when are out together but...........getting out on your own can be tricky. What do you mean....you want to go by yourself?

• Like 1

my wife has had a few rides out in my car - If I drove it hard that would be the last time she went in it so we going at a very sedate pace which is actually a very nice change to tootle around and enjoy the scenery

and a very wise thing to do when you have three sprogs that are relying on their parents to be there for them

• Like 1

My better half was quite happy for me to have the Westfield on the condition that I never asked her to get in it. And she never has..... :d I suspect that she's quite happy that it gets me out from under her feet.

HM used to come in it to Le Mans, Well she was in it until we met the others and then would blag a ride with someone who had a windscreen and doors.

Ok...

I'm not even going to comment here...

Ummm...

Must

Not

Comment...

Oh well, you'll all see the state of the future Westfield owner when we're on our way to donny!

• Like 1

Ok...

I'm not even going to comment here...

Ummm...

Must

Not

Comment...

Oh well, you'll all see the state of the future Westfield owner when we're on our way to donny!

When you off to donny

Yes Mr guest you must not comment especially as we are off in the Westfield tomorrow.....and don't even think about doughnuts unless they are the edible sort!!!!

When you off to donny

0800 The Falcon, Going up either the club Sat am and staying.

Yes Mr guest you must not comment especially as we are off in the Westfield tomorrow.....and don't even think about doughnuts unless they are the edible sort!!!!

I'm not allowed to even reach 2000rpm let alone corner fast or doughnut!