Twin 45 Dcoe Carbs & Dunnell Ecu For Zetec 1800 - Now Sold

hoppy504

I have just changed my fueling system to injector with a omex ecu, so now have the following to dispose.

Dunnell inlet manifold with twin 45 DCOE carbs.

Throttle top fitting linkage and short armoured fuel pipe.

Throttle position sensor.

Pressure King regulator.

Fuel Filter ( chrome & glass reusable ).

Dunnell ECU ( serial no.346 v1.0(k), with harness and Manual.

Price...........£500

I would like a buyer to collect so they could check the items, but could deliver by courier for £20.

• Like 1

It costs a lot on final value fees for higher priced stuff - up to 10% but it depends on the category. Might be worth trying the parts section on pistonheads if you can still do a freebie on there.

Would you not consider splitting the package - maybe that'll shift em

Ebay is 10% on the final sale value (up to £75 max - which I'm sure was £45 max last time I looked) - it's become a real rip off.

On top of that, Paypal, which you pretty much have to use if you want to get top dollar, charges another 3.5% of the total transaction (including postage!)

So you get charged commission twice on the sale price and once on postage! = £13.5%

I have noticed a LOT of sellers now show their phone number/website/email at the top of their ads and encourage you to "contact them" - they can't spell it out or they get banned, but they are all implying that they want you to bypass ebay - which as a buyer, works out quite well, as you can get them to knock off something approaching 10% and still use paypal. When I'm approached, I usually knock off 5% splitting the discount - they save, I save.

One way of spotting these deals is people selling an item at a ridiculous price, and they ask you to call to check for stock - which means they want to deal outside ebay:-)

Don't get me wrong, ebay is the best way hands down of selling used stuff, it's just gotten quite pricey.

Hi

Im a little new to this, background of elise cars and had my zei for 2 months now, looking for a good carb setup to play with, would this, with a little patience of course, be a good plug and play type system for me?

Hi,

The package was removed from my car approx 3 weeks ago, so was working together until removed.

I have no previous knowledge of Dunnell products, perhaps other members have experience of these products and could comment.

The reason for selling is the problem of having no local firms who have experience of setting carbs on a rolling-road., so have had a Omex fi body kit fitted by my local engineering firm.

They advised me that the carb settings were out and that a rubber 0 ring was leaking causing some great backfiring on over-run.

• John.

John,

Is the Dunnell ECU reprogrammable by connection to a PC (do you have the software), or is it a 'locked in' map (only changeable by sending back to Dunnell).

Presumably its a 3D ECU with having the TPS.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

My knowlege of Dunnell products is sketchy, I understand that the ECU has to be returned to Dunnell for reprogramming, my garage told me it was a 3d engine only system so not quite as flexable as my replacement Omex 600.

I hope the above is of some help.

John.

Should that be 3d ignition only?

I have checked the Manual, and the following features are available.

Shift Lamp.

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement.

Fuel Pump relay driver.

Maximum RPM save/replay.

Sorry but I do not fully understand the proceedure to activate some of the above features., so am unable to offer much help.

Gadgetman, yes I think you are right.

I am still living in the days of Lucas coils and distributors with contact points, modern technology is way infront of me.

John.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.