Definition Of Entertainment Is Deffo 555Bhp In A Westy

neo

sounds amazing - now come on spill the beans and get some photos and video up :d

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neo

• polly_x

• westy turbo

• Torqueman

Hi guys chassis has been triangulated and strenthend at every gusst and corner arounf the diff rear cage, the center tunnel has additional cross bracing as does the tunnel to outer rail sections across the seating compartment, all suspsion is rose jointed and surrently running a spax set u but will be upgraded in time to better stuff as funds allow, wide track front end...

Cooling wise only time will tell what its truely going to be like but ive a large coolant radiator twice as thick and a large water radiator cooling a charge cooler system and oil cooler as well, the engine was on the dyno so it will be less at the wheels yet that said it wasnt running full boost ethier as it was too new a build to run flat out, and needs bedding it more, then mapped again, then i will find out for sure on the charge temps, i did see your work of art cooling system from was it pro alloy and it was a top job (polly x alias Stu)

Like you said they are a work in progress build all i know is you cant take your eyes off nowt not even the gear lear it rips round the dials quicker that anything ive seen to be fair sure is a hoot boost is dailed back from 36psi to 25 psi for the time being too...

Rob

Westy734.jpg

Westy695.jpgWesty761.jpg

Westy681.jpg

Mmmmm that's nice.

I bet it's awesome to drive but personally It would scare the poo out of me.

so when are we going to see it in the NSSCC...Dave Bone said it scared the sh!t out off him :) :)

Yeah Dave was scared lol at its pace, sas something when his race westy has 300bhp as well lol...

We ( Warwickshire Area ) have a spare place at Curborough on the 20th September if your interested.

great place to take some pics and video to upload for the rest as well..

Is 500+ bhp just a tad too much for a Westfield ?

I understand different things make different peope tick, but that would quite literally scare the **** out of me on anything other than a dry wide open space. Don't get me wrong I admire the engineering which has probably gone into it.

What do you intend using the car for ? has it been built for a specific task ? just curious.......

As daft as my reasons are the car started life as a cheap race car and one thing led to another and i wanted a cosworth powerd car, so i built it using a harvey gibbs spec motor and a GT series turbo, everyone told me not to build it, which made me more determined to be fair so i did its that simple, i was intending on racing it but its too nice now was going to be a fast tatty dog, but its new so not going too....

Its use well i dont know its road legal but its a bit quick for the road but usable still the boost controller can tame the power down, and lauch control will help too, anti lag i aint tried yet but its not properly set up in the car yet needs some loosing up and stuff few little other jobs then its done,,,

But its a fast car and rightly so its scary quick... i wanted a car that i could shat myself in think this might be the one time will tell....i do fancy some sprints or hill climbs though as im going to bu a tin top for racing as i hate getting wet racing its crap...im a wuss lol

Rob

so i built it using a harvey gibbs spec motor and a GT series turbo,

It will be good for every single one of those 555bhp then. Harvey does be a fine engine.

Had it on the rollers today for a sort of fueling run bearing in mind its only done sort of 120 miles running in still tight and not killing it boost controller is set to limit boost to 1.5bar max and is capable of running approx 2.8 when fully set up but today has been about setting it up safe for the time being while its bedded in a bit but i will have to do with the power loss for a bit but 378bhp will do for now :0)

I am interested as to why you have a Silencer. On my old Cosworth powered car (albeit only 224bhp), I just had a 2.5" (I think) pipe rear exiting at the Turbocharger kept the noise down.

I do take my hat off to you for achieving what folk have suggested you should not do. Great stuff.

This vid shows that bhp and torque is not everything (I´m saying that :oops: ) This two Honda S2000 powered cars races from 31 to 125 miles/h The Natasp has around 260 bhp and supercharged one around 100 bhp more.

So what is the difference? The answer is gearing. I thougt that the supercharged car had wheelspin and could not catch up, but according to the driver he had almost no wheelspin at all, the gearbox(ratios) kills his bhp.

Had it on the rollers today for a sort of fueling run bearing in mind its only done sort of 120 miles running in still tight and not killing it boost controller is set to limit boost to 1.5bar max and is capable of running approx 2.8 when fully set up but today has been about setting it up safe for the time being while its bedded in a bit but i will have to do with the power loss for a bit but 378bhp will do for now :0)

What ECU are you running and who is doing the mapping on the rollers? Which GT turbo are you using? I know Harvey well and his engines are safe as houses.

The AVCR boost controller is excellent and I would recommend using the gear based boost. I had one doing exactly that on mine. I would imagine it should be making way more than 378 horses at 1.5 bar unless that is a wheels figure? Mine was 481BHP @ the wheels with 480 ft/lb of torque. Assume yours did 555 on Harvey's dyno?

Would love to hear this project goes. Watch those air charge temps when on the rollers as mark my words they will be your enemy.

With reference to the AVCR im just learning with it to be fair ive never had one or nowt to do with them so im struggling with that to be fair with regard to the bhp fiquire its at the wheels and due to it wheel spinning on the rollers and not a full throttle run as well due to low miles on engine i was more concerned on it being safe fuelling wise, mapping the final time i was going and am using MSD chip was going to let them do it to be fair....

Turbo at the moment is just the smaller one a GT3076 roller bearing unit but ive a GT35 as well but might leave that off as i need to chop a hole in bonnet and unsure if it will look ****e or not...

charge temps yeah ememy for sure.....