New Toy - Hawk Hf3000

][\/][ajor1

Update - After finally getting the V5 back with the correct car details on, it was still registered as a Lancia HPE so wasn't sure if I needed to put it though IVA, I decided I could crack on with the new toy.

New Sabelts fitted.

New brakes installed, Integrale discs with Sierra Cosworth 4x4 front calipers mounted on aircraft grade billet alloy brackets I had made up.

And now in at BATA, the old Alwyn Kershaws near York, having the valves checked and the timing belt changed. This brought to light that 2 of the inlet pipes had been installed just a little bit wrong (see pic).

Next up is changing the master cylinder as the brakes still don't feel right and then setting up the rear camber as that's out by a few degrees, new shocks (going for Gaz), interior carpet, roof lining....the list goes on.....

20121205_163944-resized.jpg

20121205_163930resized.jpg

20121205_163957resized.jpg

20121205_164023resized.jpg

Nice. I'd love to build one but I'm getting too old for major projects (by old I mean Arthur Ritus and creaky joints).

I'll be taking the engine out of the 7 in the new year. No other reason than to clean it and change the cam belt, which of course, can be done with engine in-situ.

It's not difficult but it should be changed, wait for it, are you sitting down, every, you won't believe this...... every 4000 miles.

I have a regime that changes oil and filter (and clean oil tank, cooler and pipes) every 3000 miles and change the belt every 6000. I'm a bit out at the moment, changed the oil in the spring but have only done 2 short trips this year.

Still, I have as much fun working on it as driving it. I should be able to get out next summer as HM will be well enough to leave for the day. (touches head and says silent prayer)

Belt change looks... Errr... Fun!

In fairness access isn't bad......once you dismantle half the car :(

would love one of those, always end up on pistonheads classified if i catch the old top gear episode.

Try doing a Fiat 2.2 diesel thing, Marea?

You have all of 4" between the front of the engine and the inner wing. Real nightmare job.