Countdown (Stats On First Post)

Norman Verona

Worked for myself most of my life, wouldn't have it any other way. Didn't get my Westfield till I was 60. What was that other car you were talking about?????

Oh, never mind, it's just a car similar to yours.

OK, I suspect the count is down again so just off to check it.

Back soon, don't go away. Oh you're not here to go away.....

I saw the first 7 in kit form at earls court , dont remember the year , but thought the same as Norman about wanting one .... 50 odd years later bought the better car :)

I know we have a bit of banter about the Caterham v Westfield debate but I think they are so different that all one can say is that they are, er em, different, not one better than the other.

Caterham will supply a complete kit (assuming they pack it all) which can be built in a weekend. The vast majority of owners have more or less what the factory provided. Some spend money increasing power or, on older car, fitting wide track. Some (no names) change the car completely but it's still basically as it was originally.

However, with Westfields, anything can happen, a huge range of engines, different suspensions and brakes, the list goes on.

Actually, if you discount Europe/rest of the world where the Sport Turbo is supplied to meet local regs, back here in the UK the Mazda SDV is the main seller. The old MDV "any engine" car has been on the slide popularity wise for a few years.

Or.........no matter what the make, having one brings out the mechanic, innovator in us. Speed demon, boy racer, engine builder. Idiot , mental age reduction.........have I missed any?

Yes, but I'll keep shtum.

I suspect yesterday's count was low so just of to do it, back soon.

Don't go aw.....

Ok, back now, 244 better than expected.

My first memory of 7's was watching the prisoner and the scene from the opening titles.

I wanted one from then on

• Like 1

I think the article by John Bolster would have been in 1957. I was 11.

The prisoner was first shown between September 1967 to February 1968. probably been repeated many times since.

Only born in 79.

Might have struggled to see the first showing :)