Countdown (Stats On First Post)

Norman Verona

I may be finished the house by then.

But I doubt it.

Will have all the kitchen cab doors done today then back onto the vinyl flooring in the great room..posh words for living room..granite tops next for the kitchen. I need a holiday...

I sort of finished the floor in the day room, it's still a bit patchy if look very closely. I'll get round to another coat next week.

I'll take all the tools back to their homes tomorrow as it may not be raining as much.

Then will probably start on the new porch next week.

Cabs are done, island complete, farmhouse sink temporarily in place, now the wait for the granite to be delivered. Back to the great room tomorrow to continue with the flooring..right now, we are sitting drinking Jamaican rum...ya baby...

The only alcoholic drink I do not like is dark rum, I can't stand the smell. May be because I got drunk on it when I was about 7.

Right off to do the count, I think it's low today, back soon.

Oh dear, not very good.

We'll have to start a "Friday Argument" to get the numbers up.

Fridays i guess most people have a wee break from computers and such like.

I just sit in a house waiting for the child to kick of or the phone ring with more bad news !!

nothing like a good argument to get people talking.

let me start

YOU GIT

Now, now children, let's play nicely otherwise Uncle Norman will have to take your dummies away.

I was thinking more along the lines of......................

Caterhams are better than Westfields because they have added heritage.

(only joking)

Now, now children, let's play nicely otherwise Uncle Norman will have to take your dummies away.

I was thinking more along the lines of......................

Caterhams are better than Westfields because they have added heritage.

(only joking)

im not old enough to remember it :ghostface:

I do. I was 11 and spent my pocket money plus the bob I "borrowed" from the electricity meter money on Motor Sport. I remember reading John Bolsters report on the new Lotus 7 and thinking "I want one of those".

Only took me 35 years, 2 kids and a business built from nothing to being sold to fulfill my dream.

what sort of business did you run requiring 2 kids.

is this why you left the country :d

So you rumbled me. I have a picture of my 3 year old washing the petrol pumps at the garage where I was manager.

I also have a picture of my daughter, aged about 5 sitting in the parts department (head office dealership) counting thousands of nuts.

Got to get them started young to earn their keep.

I came here for many reasons, some of them to do with health.

i would love to run my own business but no idea what i would do. might start making those shirt folding things on another post