Countdown (Stats On First Post)

Norman Verona

Right just of to do yesterdays count. Back soon.

(that's 3 posts instead of one!)

246, back to average. This is going to be very difficult to predict with wide swings day to day.

Ah, Sea Kings. We have a customer in Aberdeen who had a bodyshop. I was visiting one day and he asked me to look into the body shop.

A Sea King Helicopter being resprayed. They have to repaint them regularly to prevent salt corrosion.

I've got a vision of a huge saucer of water in the corner with giant decals floating in it ready to go on! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::oops:

We have our own spray bay down at Culdrose for the respraying, they no longer get done as often as you think. I guess it is now to expensive

AJ, is Culdrose still operational?

We spent a few years holidays at Lizard Point about 35 years ago. The helicopters were flying over all the time. The kids loved it. We were with friends and had 5 kids from 18 months to 5 years old!

Good. it's a nice place.

Gadgetman, they were not RAF machine, they were ferries for the North Sea rigs. Had no writing or logos on them at all as far as I remember.

Been a little slow today with posting as I been bust for once.

Just off to brum from Bristol then off to Newquay tonight for some overtime over the weekend. Oh what a jolly life I lead.

Oh and then I gotta drive home on Sunday night and then to Peterborough for Monday morning.

And then back to Bristol on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm tired just thinking about it

Making me feel tired just reading that lot. Think I need another cup of coffee or a lie down.

Just read my list of upgrades...need whisky in my coffee! Gonna be a long winter.

good luck with the drive down to Cornwall this weekend, it is horrible down here

I'm just setting off. Should b there for 12

Norman,

If they were Aberdeen offshore buses they would be Sikorsky S61's. Spent many an hour in them and could fall asleep in about 5 minutes. Dam fine workhorse but now probably defunct and replaced with newer faster smaller machines. probably have more hours in them than most pilots.(sleeping)

Bob :yes: