Signatures

rocket_rabbit

Have we really reached the point where it's become too much effort to turn a scroll wheel a few turns more ?

Signatures that involve too many kb of download make for slow brousing when on a phone.

So in the interest of conviviality as member of the WSCC collective mines shrunk!! :blush:

Signatures that involve too many kb of download make for slow brousing when on a phone.

So in the interest of conviviality as member of the WSCC collective mines shrunk!! :blush:

TBH, other than the odd occasion when someone's not resized signature or avatar pics over the years, most of the issues I've noticed on slow connections have been caused by threads full of embedded video clips.

I'm ambivalent on the avatar/signature question; I know some that love the facility, and some that hate it. However, I think the new Boardroom provides excellent tools for those that hate them to have a sig. free environment. Problem solved!

The mobile version is sort of part way there for a stripped down version, but can't say I've ever really bothered within after a first couple of disappointing try's.

The one alternative "skin" I would love to see though, :blush: would be an idea borrowed from the Darkside; the office friendly version - no heavy branding, muted colours only, and no pictures/videos. Perfect for those of us that might just happen to have a window full of Boardroom open in the background, ready for a quick glance at when waiting for program's we're actually waiting in to save/process/compile etc. :d

Gadgetman, do you still wait for programmes to compile?

When we first wrote our dealer system (1982) I would start a full compile when we broke for lunch and it would take about 2 hours to complete. Now it would take about 15 minutes to compile the whole lot which is probably twice as much.

On a bigger program, or graphics package for a touch screen, three or four minutes tops. However, if the graphics package has to be sent out to touchscreens by the system bus rather than an Ethernet connection, it can take 15 to 20 minutes to send across the system.