Signatures

rocket_rabbit

I'm all for cool signatures but am I the only one that thinks 100ft of signature is a complete waste?

Would it be possible to limit them to 80 pixels and save pointless scrolling and clogging up the thread?

You can hide other peoples signatures by clicking the tick box in the ignore preferences tab of settings in your profile.

You want to see them on other car forums, flashing cars, adverts some real waste of space stuff. WSSC forum and Briskoda forum are probably the most sober of all the Forums, and the wittiest, informative, helpful etc.

You can hide other peoples signatures by clicking the tick box in the ignore preferences tab of settings in your profile.

Yes, but that blocks everyone's signature. You can block individual signatures by hovering your cursor anywhere over a post by a person whose signature you don't want to see, and then looking to the upper right corner of their signature area - you'll see a "X". Click on that and you'll get a choice of either ignoring that person's sig, or ignoring all sigs if you prefer.

• Like 1

Perfect!

Soot1e, here seems to have the most ludicrous signatures in terms of size - just clogs up the board.

I still think a general size limit should be implied though.

The BMW forum I use allows something like 100 x 300 pixels which is perfectly adequate IMO.

I've had a look "backstage" and it IS possible to limit signature image sizes. I personally am a bit loathe to slap yet another restriction on things, and would rather dread the flood of posts from unhappy members if their sig photo suddenly disappears.

I think being able to ignore the few sigs that one finds irritating instead of limiting everyone else as well is a good compromise, but as always, if there is sufficient call for limiting image size in signatures, then we'll discuss it.

I appreciate that - the cancel signature button is certainly good enough for now :)

• Like 1

Oh, and one more thing - if you go to your User Name at the top and click on it, there's a "Manage Ignore Pref" area where you can manage which individual elements of particular members to ignore - so you can ignore their posts, their signatures, their PMs or ignore them entirely.

I've had a look "backstage" and it IS possible to limit signature image sizes. I personally am a bit loathe to slap yet another restriction on things, and would rather dread the flood of posts from unhappy members if their sig photo suddenly disappears.

I think being able to ignore the few sigs that one finds irritating instead of limiting everyone else as well is a good compromise, but as always, if there is sufficient call for limiting image size in signatures, then we'll discuss it.

Those insects crawing around on a Profile Photo's make me itch, can you get rid of them Captain?

Those insects crawing around on a Profile Photo's make me itch, can you get rid of them Captain?

Yep - I can either turn your monitor off, smash it, steal it, or take away your alcohol to stop you from getting the DTs in future.

OK ---- I've made some changes just in case an offensive size!! :down:

Is it too big now? :p

I like seeing the wide range of signatures, although some have been a bit 'tall' on the page making phone brousing a bit harder!

OK ---- I've made some changes just in case an offensive size!! :down:

Is it too big now? :p

I like seeing the wide range of signatures, although some have been a bit 'tall' on the page making phone brousing a bit harder!

Looks the same to me.