Zetec St170 Bits

NILOC555

Parts needed for my st170 conversion, eg; low sump, Inlet manifold for webber 40's or throttle body's, Exhaust manifold, Engine mounts, Decent cams, Slim starter motor, alternator and everything else.

Just thinkin of putting my 40's on for now then throttle body's later unless any one has some going for reasonable money.

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Locost builders post by mike.williams1

BP300 cams st170 carbs ecu etc

Pair of BP300 piper cams with correct valve springs to suit st170 engine

4 shotpeened and balanced rods arp bolts with slipper pistons [one piston is damaged]

Gems mini zeta ecu with zetec loom [requires plugs fitting] complte with mapping lead and laptop with software to programme

Weber alpha ecu and loom for silver top zetec had rev limit raised to 7000 rpm.

Pair of 45dcoe carbs jetted for 200bhp zetec silver top.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now decided to go down the throttle body route, if you've got anything of interest just let me know.  Also might be interested in a complete engine package.

• Like 1

Sounds like quite a project. What box you got in at the moment , and how you going to mate it to the zetec ?

I'm planning cvh to zetec soon.

It's got a type 9 in it at the mo Steve, the bellhousing is supposed to fit straight onto the zetec.  I bought the crossflow cos it was a local car and very clean after driving miles to look at a lot of scrapers, but i've always wanted more power. Hopefully it wont be too tricky to convert it to the st170!

Hi I'm doing the xflow to ST change now

Just fitted engine and box in car last night :)

It's going well so far

Look on retro fords website for flywheel clutch and altinator mountings

Engine mounts from GBS (just going to chop them 1 inch) and fuel pump

Carb conversion from Chester sports cars (bike carbs)

I bought an exhorts flange off GBS for £15 and I'm going to try to fit on xflow header pipes (after a bit of chopping around)

On target for under 2k swap at the moment :)

I have st170 running on gsxr TB's, I have a spare set of these that I may sell with the manifold, if you are interested then pm me.

What ecu are you thinking about using? As you need consider which one to use if you want to control the vvt fully or just run it by a switch. I have megasquirt3 and about to change to sequential spark so I can use the map for the cam, if you need info then pm me.

On LCB  By PIGIRON

ST170 Piper 285 cams

I have for sale a pair of Piper 285 cams for a Zetec ST170. 

£275 shipped, PayPal ok.

Hi,

Pickmaster, thanks for advice and hope the swap keeps going well for you.  Interesting to hear from someone doing the same as I'm planning. Let me know how you get on. 

CL 290005 and TSM Seven pm'd.

Thanks

Col.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.