North Yorkshire Blast

MIKEASHTON

This is an invitation to all.

As AO for Yorkshire I have got together with a couple of members and I am now in the process of putting together some routes.

The first one will be a venture from the Fox and Grapes on the A64 (our usual meeting point for club nights), up into the North Yorkshire Moors, with a stop off for lunch at Whitby.

I have posted a map on the web of the provisional route, as I have not had the chance to drive it yet, nor produce detailed route maps.  To see the route click here.  If you right click on the map and save to your local drive, you can zoom in and see the route in more detail.

I have looked at our annual calendar, and have decieded on the Saturday 14th June, and I would suggest a meeting time of about 11am.

If you have any comments, please feel free to contact me by e-mail or postings here.

Looks a good run, shame its not sunday, unfortunately its right in the middle of busiest month of the wedding season and I'm at  my friend's wedding... god help him :0

I've done most of that area over the years and it will be a good blast + u should have good weather ???  ???

Have a good un'

Buzz :(

Same day as the WSCC Binbrook Track Day so wont be able to come unless the date changes!

If the date does change let me know and I will see if the East Yorkies want to join en masse too!

Cheers

Kevin

The only reason I picked the Saturday was because of the Kt Car Show at Newark on the Sunday.

I'd prefer the Sunday myself, so I'll wait and see which day most prefer.

Just went out for a blast along the majority of the route today.  Superb!  York->Helmsley is a fave with bikes for obvious reasons.  The next stage further just gets better with much smoother surfaces and not a straight bit in sight.  The cut across the moors to Whitby is ... scenic. A169 to Pickering can be good fun.  Took the Helmsley way back to york for a round trip of 125 miles, so I guess the total journey has to be well over 160 Miles +

After many requests, the date will be fixed for the Sunday 15th June.

Meet Fox and Grapes (A64) at 10.30am for 11.00am start.