Very Cheap Car!

Emma

Hi Guys

Just after an opinion if possible (so I know i've asked the right place!!!). Work colleague is looking for a very cheap runaround, just to get her to work and back etc. Not wanting anything costly (her last car just broke completely and she's moving house so has no money really).

Looking around £500 give or take, what would you buy? Needs to be economical, not to high tax / insurance.

So far she has Peugeot 306 (bleugh!!!) on the list and VW Polo.

What do you all think?

Norms car or a Vauxhall Corsa

To be honest, mine's probably a bit big for her.

The car of course.

Early Honda civic, or Mazda for me..... Look at spending £400 on the car and £100 on tinkering with it.

Good luck :t-up:

Peugeot 306 or 206 would be a good option.

Non turbo 1.9 diesel will run forever.

Cheap VW Polos not as good as you would like to think.

All depends on the car, wife's 1.4TDI Polio is £30 a year to tax, had it for 8 years, knocking on for 100k miles now and it's been dead reliable. Nothing has gone wrong with it at all, brakes and tyres, yearly service and she's been a little beauty.

Wife wants an MX5 next but we're just waiting for the Polo to start going wrong because we can't justify chopping in a perfectly reliable car and it just keeps on trucking.

Just to add to the confusion ...

Fiesta or a Ka? Loads of neglected ones still beating about on the roads, parts are cheap.

As our admin bird at work fount out, if a Fiesta engine needs the oil topping up, an entire 5-litre tub of oil will probably kill the engine.

• Like 1