Le Mans

furtive

Has/Is anything been/being organised for Le Mans? Is anyone planning on going and staying at Ecommoy again? Does it need someone to take the bull by the horns and organise it?

Answers on a postcard...

Well I'm going again and so is Waddington Graham.

Boat booked for Wednesday night.

( Unfortunately my Westie blew its clutch yesterday so engine out in progress ready for the big trip ! ) :(

Bryan C

A couple of us from the Manchester area have been wondering the same thing Furtive :durr:  Everyone seems to be making their own arrangments this year. :arse: So our plan is to stay at Ecommoy Camping Municipal. I've been in touch with the manager and he says we can't pre-book ??? (bl**** french :devil: ) so its a case of getting there early we reckon. Maybe someone whos been there before can enlighten us?  :D

I think John Loundon (sp?) organised the last one. Is he web-enabled? Maybe he knows the special catchphase to get the corner of the campside sectioned off.

John London (Ex Essex AO) used to organise his area trip to Le Mans with a few helpers.

Why not contact your local AO and see whats happenin, if nothing then start the ball rolling.

With so many folks scattered throughout the UK it is often much easier for each area to organise their own travel arrangements and make their own way down and perhaps meet up once at Le Mans, or perhaps use one of the travel firms, but remember there will be additional costs and always ensure you use an ABTA approved / licensed organisation.

Eccommoy always has been a popular campsite amongst WSCC members - but it is a municial site and open to everyone  ;)  ;)

There are loads of campsites down there  ;)  ;)  a web search or purchase of a campsite guide reveals many  :D

Ecommoy was good last year and they roped off a big section for us. The Essex AO stays on one of the circuit campsites I think.

It's not the travel arrangements I am worried about, I just want to make sure we get a nice big corner of Ecommoy fenced off for us again.

If theres only a few of us going to be staying at Ecommoy this year it might not be necessary Furtive. Was the campsite busy last year? :durr:   :D

ok I'd be happy to ask if an area can be roped off again but I'll need an idea of numbers.  :t-up:  :D

If anyones interested leave a message or send me a pm. :sheep: