Olympics Closing Ceremony

tolf

Pinball wizard and the Scooter boys (Mods) did it for me :t-up:

Plus all the other highlights, too many too mention :)

Bring Jessie back on and give Daltrey his bus pass.

Ahh, the choice between a decent singer and a rock legend. There's plenty of time left for the undoubtedly talented Jessie J, but for now admire the creative genius of The Who while we can, without whom rock music would not be as we know it today. There will never be another Keith Moon. I wonder if we will look back in 40 years time and remember the impact Jessie J had on pop music....

Maybe it's an age thing :)

Possibly an age related thing as i am 50 after all. My thinking was that given the age range of the worlds athletes they would probably know more of Jessie J than the "Who ???"

I enjoyed the choice of songs but the artists who sang their original songs again many years later didnt seem to cut it. Waterloo Sunset was tame as was Our House by Madness and a few others. They didnt seem to have the same vava voom as when done originally

Maybe because they're a bit older.

Mind you I thought a lot of it was mimed to recordings.

Loved the Freddie Mercury part although initially Brian May was making one hell of a din.

Emma Bunton looked pretty sha**able too.

So, anyone know why the Rolling Stones did not feature in the ceremony?

Seems strange to leave out an obvious classic band

Stones, maybe they said "NO"

Brain May wasn't playing the guitar. Firstly it wasn't plugged in and secondly his hand movements didn't correspond to the sound.

The director of the Closing Ceremony was an ex-ballet dancer....

Pet Shop Boys

George Michael

Annie Lennox

Spice Girls

Queen

all either gay or 'allegedly' gay icons.... so hardly surprising the Stones weren't in his choice of band ;)

at least Roger Daltrey can hit some notes unlike Paul McFartney

Oh, and my big sister was in there somewhere (on the dark green truck at the beginning) but I'll have to watch it back in slo mo to spot her I think

I was there too. i was driving the cab with Geri Haliwell in the back :love:

Course you were John, now lie back, close your eyes and wait for the medication to kick in..... :p

It was ok, nothing compared to the brilliant opening ceremony.

I see Coldplay have been signed up to do a long performance at the Paralympic Closing Ceremony... haven't those athletes suffered enough already?!