Tolerance, The British Way...

Norman Verona

Can't argue with any of that !!

Bob :(

Except it's nothing to do with Bill Cosby, it was written by a Massachusetts state senator Robert A. Hall.

Its not as if our our blessed church would ever do anything bad like go on a crusade or cover up child abuse. TBH I hate all organised religion equally for their corruption and oppression, not just the ones that look a bit different to us.

It's a simplistic rant that means little and satisfies the urge to gather ones clan around one. If we are this intolerant, how can we expect anyone else to be accepting of our culture. I have no argument with someone who simply wants to practise their own faith as long as leave me to practise mine (if any, and that's my business) unmolested. Extremism cannot be fought by more extremism. The history of Northern Ireland in the seventies demonstrates that well.

Similar rubbish was propagated in the early days of the Afro-Caribbean immigration in the fifties - who could make up the most extreme stories about how ignorant and stupid the newcomers were. As a schoolboy I found it entertaining but I'd like to think I have left it behind long since.

It's a simplistic rant that means little and satisfies the urge to gather ones clan around one. If we are this intolerant, how can we expect anyone else to be accepting of our culture. I have no argument with someone who simply wants to practise their own faith as long as leave me to practise mine (if any, and that's my business) unmolested. Extremism cannot be fought by more extremism. The history of Northern Ireland in the seventies demonstrates that well.

Similar rubbish was propagated in the early days of the Afro-Caribbean immigration in the fifties - who could make up the most extreme stories about how ignorant and stupid the newcomers were. As a schoolboy I found it entertaining but I'd like to think I have left it behind long since.

Hooray! Some sense rather than another hard to swallow dose of internet copy-pasta