Derbyshire Drive, Sunday 16th March

Manchester Mike

Subject to the weather I am planning a drive through some of the most picturesque countryside in the UK.

I ‘m aiming to leave my house at 10.30 (all welcome) or 10.35 at McDonalds Mottram (End of M67) then its onto Castleton, next is Chatsworth House then Matlock and back via Bakewell (to pickup some tarts) and on home.

And I'll bet out of all of that it's the tarts thats got you interested.

PS And Scott if your coming, bring a cutch cable

Man City v Birmingham City 2.00pm Sunday 16th March

Shame as i could do with giving the Westy a good shakedown B4 Cadwell & the roads round there are V.Nice.

Beware Mobile speed cams though, i was going over to Mansfield on the A627 the other week & all these Cars & Bikers were flashing me & the other oncomming traffic (Thanks :t-up:  ;) )

What the F*** they were protecting up there I don't know?

Still managed to wave (or rather gestgure) at sad  :arse:  filth, sat in the back of his Van as i went passed at 50mph, hope the heater was broke (i was Feb :p  :D )   :arse: hole.

WHY  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Andy ???

Mike. Unfortunately I am on nights for that run (I have a spare cable now... had I been available).... Enjoy!!

Shame Scott will miss you, Mike

Hope you're a Man City fan Bananaman and not a closet Brummie :sheep:

Sorry Mike, sounds good but footie commitments, no car and I prefer Manchester Tarts to those cherry ones ;) thought you would have to Manchester Mike.

A few piccies and a little write up would be good for the newsletter would be good   ;)

Good to hear you are visiting our neck of the woods.. avoid the A6 near Bakewell and through to Matlock if you can..not only solid with tourists on a Sunday but Cameras every 1/2 mile and where they arn't there could be a white van with laser!.. they are out to catch the bikers on their way to Matlock Bath!

After Chatsworth try the road from Beeley Village up over Beeley Moor across to Tansley Common and down to Dethick (Where Blue Peter's Simon Groom Lives!!;), Lea Bridge and stop for coffee at Cromford Mill ... Have a good run :)

Good to hear you are visiting our neck of the woods.. avoid the A6 near Bakewell and through to Matlock if you can..not only solid with tourists on a Sunday but Cameras every 1/2 mile and where they arn't there could be a white van with laser!.. they are out to catch the bikers on their way to Matlock Bath!

After Chatsworth try the road from Beeley Village up over Beeley Moor across to Tansley Common and down to Dethick (Where Blue Peter's Simon Groom Lives!!;), Lea Bridge and stop for coffee at Cromford Mill ... Have a good run :)

Thanks for that, Mike

Posted: Mar. 15 2003,16:58    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got up early and was out in the Derbyshire hills, Cat & Fiddle etc, by 8.00am, precious little traffic, no sign of plod and a gorgeous day with the car working a treat,       Now must improve mi brakes to take full advantage  

Brian.

Have a good day, may just see you out there tomorrow, but being threatened with domestic duties at present, well I have been out all Friday and Sat in the car. Today was brilliant, as I said you really have to get out early to get the best of these roads.

Westyfield,

did you get out today, spotted 1 westy, 3 catery things and a probable robin hood, and a convoy of 3 wheeled ????'s. Incidentally I got an almost clear run all the way up the A6 in to Buxton, you don't get that midsummer or many Sundays   ???  :(  ;)  :p  :)  :D

Brian.

Hi Brian,

took the trail bike (Beta Alp) out with some biking mates this morning and did about 40 miles up and over the hills above Hathersage and Castleton..no traffic up there but loads of bxxxxx ramblers!

No Westfield  tomorrow either but taking the trials bike (Fantic 200.. 1980 vintage) to compete in a trial near Ashbourne. Can't believe this weather :)  :)  :)

At coffee stop in Baslow talking to a Radar / Laser cop on his way to set up on the A623 nr Peak Forest !!!

Quizzed him as to range of his laser gun.. 1 kilometer..

Man City 1 Birmingham City 0  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :p

Well, made up for missing another fantastic day out on the roads.

Andy :t-up:

Did you have a good run out??

One Robbie Fowler, there's only one Robbie Fowler, one Robbie Fowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwler :love:  :love:

Bet it was a good blat though :p  :p  :p got get me engine soon..........and pass SVA :0  :0