What A Night

Norman Verona

was shouting at the telly

Shouting? I was SCREAMING.

HM thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Well done Sir Mo.

if only there were engines involved ;-)

very proud to be a Brit

A cracking day all around, just stunning. Loved seeing Mo win, loved the lady rowers, loved seeing emotional Brits. The crowds have lifted them like a stiff wind at their backs, and all the doubters who thought London 2012 would be a mess are being proved wrong. Can't wait for Week 2!

I had tears on my cheeks. Anyone else?

Of course, some folk on the Boardroom think being British leads the UK into the Third world.

Think again. Britain is some place I want to be.

Yep, but I put it down to lots of pollen in the air today. :)

Fantastic day of sport for us allot be proud of, I believe that the national lottery has done some good here.

Went to the beach volleyball earlier and that was superb, a good night for the USA.

Think it'll be the only time in my life when I'll get to do the conga around an Olympic venue :t-up:

I'm having a blonde senior moment.

Can someone explain the above post?

I believe it is a failed attempt at sarcasm.

Frankly, I am sick and tired of s2k7's jingoistic "contributions" and slagging of the Brits, which adds nothing to the boards. I am deeply embarrassed to have him as a fellow Yank, and I apologise for his antics.

After years of his nonsense, I have pretty much reached the end of my tether with him, and will seek the agreement of the rest of the moderation team to turn on the filter on his account that requires his posts to be approved by a moderator before going live, so none of us have to endure his unhelpful posts, until he gets the message.

What now? (he's the only one I've ever had to use the ignore filter for in nearly ten years)

(Rhetorical question by the way.)

Scott, please do not apologise for him. It would seem he's not worth it.

I thought it was a sarcastic comment but failed to see the sarcasm. Or wit.

I've had a run in with him once before and, on that occasion it was like talking to a wall.

As the USA are leading the medal table what can he be upset about.

• Like 1

I believe it is a failed attempt at sarcasm.

Frankly, I am sick and tired of s2k7's jingoistic "contributions" and ******ging of the Brits, which adds nothing to the boards. I am deeply embarrassed to have him as a fellow Yank, and I apologise for his antics.

Scot you have nothing to apologise about their are :arse: holes in all walks of life and race or creed has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

He's the sort of Yank that makes me cringe, Norman. Probably never been out of Florida, let alone out of the States. It's all "USA is best and everyone else sucks" - so childish. Britain has half as many medals with 20% of their population and with about 5% of their budget, on a piece of land the size of California - in those terms, no one is performing better than the Brits and the USA are under performing.

He's the classic ugly American, of which there are thankfully fewer and fewer as they grow up and see the world.

• Like 1

I fully understand what you mean. But, again, there's no need for you to apologise.

Mind you, I tend to apologise to my French friends for the Brit lager louts and racists.

Funny, I used to find myself doing the same when I lived in Germany; you do get a bit sensitised about the muppetry of your fellow countrymen.