Stafford CarCraft Show 2003

ma7gdp

Went to the show on Sunday - weather was a lot better. Had a quick look at the SDV they had on show - and tried to ask a couple of simple questions:

1. Are there going to be any 'performance parts' for the car?

2. Is there ANY upgrade path for the car?

The answer to both these questions was a short shrift NO!

So it looks like anybody buying an SDV as an entry level Westie with the thought of upgrading as they go is stuffed

OK - So there are a lot of after market bit from other companies - but what I was trying to ask about (but was cut off with a NO by one of the wonderful (no)sales staff) were items like the front uprights - would Westfield produce alloy ones - as they had done for the cortina?

This encounter along with my visit to the factory weighed against the helpfulness and knowledge of the staff on other stands (notably MK & Luego) with regard to being able to modify a chassis to fit my requirements means that the prospect of my new build being a Westie is looking smaller and smaller