Stafford CarCraft Show 2003

ma7gdp

Just wondered if anyone from in and around the Warwickshire area is going to the Stafford Carcraft Show thingy?

If so, wanna drive up in convoy?

Wouldnt mind getting a few together if weather is good, and I think it will be on Saturday!

cheers....Greg

Went today and thought it was a lot better than last year-although still got a bit wet. Waved through to park near the entrance and provided with a free pass in ( which seemed to be the norm this year if you turned up in your kit car) so things definitely improving.

Birkin had some nice cars on display and getting quite a bit of attention.

MikeW

Bananaman,

It's the Stafford County Showground. From the A51 head down the A518 towards Stafford and it's about 2 miles down the road on the Left.

MikeW

or from south Junct 14 M6 - follow signs for RAF Stafford, straight thro, past RAF base cotinue on thro' at island where Stafford Uni is, turn left - there should be some signposts for County Showground  :D  :D  ;)

Watch out for speed cameras after Uni  :devil:  :devil:  :(  :(  :angry:  :angry:  :(

Thanks

Is there much stuff on Duratecs there?

Are Westfield there?

Andy :t-up:

Don't know

Don't know

Why not go and see  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D  :)

Will it rain tomorrow ?

Whats for breakfast ?

What time does it open ?

How much does it cost to get in ?

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

Went today didn't think there were many there  :0  but it was mid afternoon and raining  :angry:  there was not many manufactures or trade stands either

Did not see much about Duratecs or any cars  :( Just because I did not see them doesn't mean they are not there

Westfield were there with zetec seiw and the new single donor vehicle that was it, a little disapointing   :0  Sorry but the Birkin stand did seam better  :blush:  and got more info from the staff. SORRY

It cost £8 to get in  :arse:  sorry but overall I was not impressed :0

It cost £8 to get in    sorry but overall I was not impressed  

Welcome to stafford :arse:

For ***** sake make it later in the year,as the weather never fails to disappoint. :angry:

Brian.

went on saturday got up at daft o clock in the morning to drive down, only to be dissapointed. not many stands, bit small, not much on show. could do with maybe a canopy outside and get some club stands etc to look round.

was looking at the GTM cars were very nice, was hoping i would be able to see the banham BAT, but banham werent there.

all in all not that good, and i wont be going next year!  ???

mike

Looks like it is only me that thought it was OK then.

It was FREE to get in-if you took you car. Birkin, Westfield, Tiger, Dax, Luego(spelling?), loads of bits to buy, fantastic Ultimas.

As I'm a relatively new owner maybe I haven't been around long enough to be able to shoot these shows down :D  ...and anyway I still get a buz from people being interested in the car.

MikeW

I for one thought it worth a visit.   It was a glorified car boot as Mark said, but for the odd bits n pieces it was just the job.

I'd have been embarrased to show some of the kitcars, but the majority were very pretty.

How long have Ferrari and Jaguar been making kit cars?  :devil:

Eight quid entrance was a bit steep mind you!

For ***** sake make it later in the year,as the weather never fails to disappoint.  

Brian.

Well I'll take it all back, glorious weather, and a half decent show. Good public turnout, must have made the organisers a bob or 2? :D

Brian.

Went today and agree with NW eight quid was a bit steep for what was there, but well worth it for me as I picked up an inlet manifold for my crossflow for £35 quid. I was also disappointed with the Westfield stand.

some of the cars were well shocking! You would be embarrased to admit of owning one, never mind showing it!

westfield stand was a bit poor, was hoping the XTR might of been there.

agree entrance was steep for what was on show! and that it is a glorified boot sale!

very poor!

any one who was there on sat might off seen me, i was in a black and grey westfield rally jacket, dad was in old style yellow and blue westfield jacket! all westfield'd up!  :D  just without the car  :( .

mike