Big Shout Out To A-Plan Insurance!

Rab (bombero) Reid

I know that a few of us have posted up our support for this particular company before, but I just wanted to add my sentiment to it!

My general details:

Car: SEiW, NA 2.0ltr Zetec on TBs, Immobiliser, Garaged.

Ins: Fully comp, Agreed Value £9.5k, 4k miles SDP with occasional commute, Parts Only policy, full breakdown cover, injury cover, £100 excess/£75 windscreen.

Had a renewal from Adrian Flux at circa £230 .. Clare at A-Plan came back with £149 - thanks! :t-up::westy:

Second that I just went with then myself cost me £117

Frank pickles wanted £150 to renew

Second that I just went with then myself cost me £117

Frank pickles wanted £150 to renew

I tried FP - quoted me £137, but then I enquired further and found that breakdown wasn't included and it would be £60 extra! :-o

Another A-Plan convert here. Been with Footman James 12 years now and reluctant to leave since they were so good with a claim in 2004. But I had to negotiate with them last year 'cos they were well over the top, got them down by £30 but still paid £30+ over the odds just for loyalty's sake. This year's renewal notice from FJ was £235 (inc breakdown cover). Clare sorted me out this morning for £137 (inc. breakdown cover - would have been £97 without). Fully comp, 3000 miles, £100 XS, I have no claims but 1 x SP30 and I'm an old fart. Sorry FJ but I know you won't reduce by £100 (and even if you would it's not on) so afraid you've lost my business.

• Like 1

Just swapped to A-Plan as well. Considerably cheaper than my renewal Frank Pickles. Frank Pickles called me before I changed. I told them that A-Plan were cheaper and gave them the chance to match the price (the policy was with the same underwriter) but was told "We don't do that".

A rather strange way to try and retain my business and one which means I'm now with A-Plan.

Lots of people are going with a-plan, myself included :t-up:

The proof of the pudding will however be when people start claiming.......if they are as plesant and helpful then as they are with renewals they'll get plenty of ongoing business.

.... and the renewal prices stay competitive.

Thanks for all of the positive comments ... its a pleasure :t-up:

Pickles stuck 25% on my renewal and I went with a-plan at under £100, for a 7 year old 6000 mile 1800 SEiW Zetec £10,000. The cover is not as comprehensive as previous, I had to send photos and proof of Thatcham Cat 2 and we both have to be locked up in bed by 10pm even on weekends but that may be because I am almost 70. They will bury you in paperwork to clearly tell you what you are not covered for, make sure you read it :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: .

Add another to the list: FJ renewal £275, down to £138 with A-Plan.

Astonished by the difference in price, and a pleasure to deal with. :t-up:

Lots of people are going with a-plan, myself included :t-up:

The proof of the pudding will however be when people start claiming.......if they are as plesant and helpful then as they are with renewals they'll get plenty of ongoing business.

Clare's, and even her colleague who I spoke to briefly, attitude were top notch! Okay, it doesn't get you anymore of a discount but it isn't just about the money, it's about service. We've grown so accustomed to a general poor service that we now almost accept it as default. It was reassuring and a pleasant experience speaking to A-Plan :)

i just done mine with clare

109quid fully comp 2000 miles per year agreed value £8000 comprehensive

Thanks again ... amazing feedback ... :t-up: :t-up: :t-up: