O/t Glue For Laminate Floor Finishing Strip

daveac

Hi,

I'm at risk of tearing my hair out. I have run out of excuses and have to do a long put-off job of sticking the little coving strip down on the laminate floor for our conservatory. The problem is the stuff is so skinny that there is only about a 5mm edge to stick to the uPVC frame (obviously not supposed to stick to the flooring on the other edge of the profile to allow for the floor to move). I've tried No-more Nails but the stuff won't stick at all. I prepped everything fully, degreased with meths etc. Is there anything anyone recommends before I just go and spend another £10 randomly on A.N.Other "unbreakable" bonding goop in the hope it will live up to it's claims any better?

Cheers

Dave

Double sided carpet tape worked when I tried it.

Supaglue works well, mine haven't fallen of in 6 years.

mitre bond is the stuff to use its super glue with an activator spray put the glue on the cover strip then spray the upvc and stick it on immediately, but beware you must get it right first time no adjustment is possible once the 2 surfaces touch!

No More Nails quick grab stuff worked in our old house, stuck for 7 years and we didn't have any falling off.

Small bead of No More Nails on the skirting board edge to let the laminate expand and contract in the heat. Don't know why yours didn't stick, ours stuck like the proverbial to an army blanket on gloss painted skirting boards.

mitre bond is the stuff to use its super glue with an activator spray put the glue on the cover strip then spray the upvc and stick it on immediately, but beware you must get it right first time no adjustment is possible once the 2 surfaces touch!

^^^ That's what the professionals use and what I'd go for. Stuck the bull-nose edging strips on our kitchen worktops with this stuff 10 years ago and it would take a small nuclear explosion to get them off again. :)

• Like 1

Does it work on floor tiles?

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I used Hot Melt Glue on mine. Works OK but watch out for burnt fingers. :down: