John Terry

Norman Verona

doesn't need the burden of proof that a court requires.

oh well that's alright then, they'll just go along with whatever the Daily Mail (or the Govt Sports Minister) decides ought to happen...

Beleive me, nothing will change. I have been a qualified football coach for a fair few years now running youth football teams from 8 to 15s and the behaviour is shocking, more so from parents. The FA spent a fortune on the RESPECT campaign, barriers around the pitch, posters, captains arm bands,etc. every parent, coach and player had to sign the respect forms. A total waste of time in my eyes, i know a parent that had a good kicking at the side of the pitch by another parent and his son who was playing at the time, are they banned? No they are not, who wants to be involved in that? Clubs and youth leagues are so desperate for people to manage/coach youth football they turn a blind eye to what goes on. I spent a lot of my own money to be correctly qualified (for no financial return) only to see clubs let any parent take over a team so the team doesn't fold.

You only have to look how we lack the technical aspect of our footbal at the highest level, it starts at the 6,7,8 year olds. In this country our pro licence coaches teach the pro players, in Spain for example they teach the young kids.

I have seen 9 & 10 year old lads, copying the cheating and foul play from the players they watch on the TV. In my opinion the respect and honestly should start from the top and filtered down to the young players after all they are supposed to be role models????? Rant over.

• Like 1

Peter, I'm not sure. As Tyson says the reputation of football is on the line. I don't know what the FA will do but if they want to save the respect (whats left of it) then the outcome is obvious.

Tyson, would you say that the state of affairs you describe is due to the huge sums of money at stake. When winning a game can mean tens of millions to a club they will not be interested in disciplining their players who commit professional fouls and cheat. It can win a game.

One of the reasons we have so much juvenile crime is because the local authorities have used Health & Safety to close all the youth clubs and, I suppose, the football clubs.

Saves them some money but costs everyone else.

I have seen 9 & 10 year old lads, copying the cheating and foul play from the players they watch on the TV. In my opinion the respect and honestly should start from the top and filtered down to the young players after all they are supposed to be role models? ???? Rant over.

Not to mention the gob of the month competition :(

In other words , if you expect to rate as a gentleman , don't expectorate on the pitch :t-up:

Norman, In my opinion i think football has got to the point where it's more about winning than entertaining. Look at England in the Euros, all about not getting beaten, not trying to win and entertain. Chelsea did the same thing in the Champions League, Semi & Final but they won???? Chelsea supporters will be happy and the club will be happy because it has made them £45m. Personally i like watching entertaining football, but then again if i had a fair few million £ invested into a club maybe my views would change.

We can see the diving, pressure on the ref etc every time we watch football on the tv, how often do we here interviews after a match when they say "important thing is we got the three points"

My training sessions were held on a large piece of council land, 3 football pitches, 2 rugby pitches and a cricket pitch. Before i started every session i would have to pick up the dog mess and then i would spend 30 minutes setting up the cones/poles only to be told to move of the pitches ( never used the goals/goal mouths ) as the adults pay £40 in the afternoon to play on them and do not want them cut up. Because the council are struggling for money they decided to increase the cost of hiring a pitch to £52 but this season none of the pitches have been booked because it's pricey so the goals have not been installed. Teams have either folded or moved to another cheaper site.

Norman, you talk about crime.... about 10 years back my son was 5 and riding a motocross bike and i was racing i decided to set up a practice motocross track locally. At the time there was a lot of problems with off road bikes tearing about all over the place, youngsters getting injured, stolen bikes etc. A local counciler got in touch with me to try and sort something out, I had a farmer able to help me with some land, the ACU would help, i had a friend that raced at world level that could help, i had a national motocross coach ready to help, insurance. The whole set would have been controlled and organised to a high standard. I had meetings with the crime prevention panel, the police and the public, bla bla bla. The councillor went back to his fellow concillors to discuss it ?????? To cut along story short. The councillors tell you what you want to hear and do nothing about it unless there is some gain to them (my opinion).

They still to this day have the same problems with bikes and the kids are running wild.

The problems with council is that they are run, in the main, by busy bodies who have the time. You are lucky if you get the members to do anything they do not want themselves. It is like the news that councils will be able to lower speed limits on rural roads easier, they seem to have doe that so far with no hassle as all you need is a kid in a wheelchair and a distraught mother and the limit is dropped.

In the case of the motorcross track, they guy will have had good intentions but when met with Doris and Dennis who want everything quiet they get nowhere. It took our local council years to get agreement on a skate and BMX park, which now keeps the kids well away from everyone in a controlled enviroment, but many are still not happy.

Going back to the football, what it needs is a few brave refs to send off a few top players for swearing and you can be sure the owners and managers would make the players behave, but whilst there is no punishment there will be no change.

I suspect the FA will do sweet FA.

Suspect you're right about the refs doing nothing. It was bad enough when they were independent, but now they're employed by the FA we have no chance of tougher punishment to stop all the nonsense.

As I said earlier, you vote the politicians in, do something about it.

Compare football to rugby;

No racisim in rugby

Football is a gentlemans game played by thugs who are overpaid nancy boys

Rugby is a thugs game played by gents who are not overpaid

I would happily take my 6 yr old to a rugby game but never to a football game, there is too much foul language, rudness in football. At least in rugby you are allowed to drink in the stands and can stand next to a supporter if the opposing team without getting aggro and hasstle.

IMHO obviously, no doubt someone will say i am wrong!

IMHO obviously, no doubt someone will say i am wrong!

Impossible, as you're right.

At least in rugby you are allowed to drink in the stands and can stand next to a supporter if the opposing team without getting aggro and hasstle.

After a recent game (in which Saracens were thrashed), a large Clermont-Auvergne supporter approached my five year old grandson to ask, in very passable English, if he would like to swap his Saracens' flag for a (much larger) yellow and blue one. The swap was done and they shook hands, after which young Jack was very proud. Whilst I'm sure such things can also happen at football matches, I can't help feeling that the scene exemplified the difference between the sports.

You are correct about rugby. However I see money creeping in. danger is it will change over the next few years.