2003 The Gold Track Endurance Challenge

Adrian Elkin

I'm heartily enjoyed the last GTDC karting event I attended in December. Melindi stated on the day that they were looking at starting a series. For your info I got this in my in box this morning. If interested contact myself or Melindi on info@goldtrack.co.uk.

Regards

Adrian

2003 The Gold Track Endurance Challenge.

A 5 round endurance kart race challenge for teams of 2–5 drivers.

Race dates

The Raceway Kings Cross, London Friday 28th February 2.5 hours indoor

Thruxton Andover, Hants Friday 11th April 2.5 hours outdoor

Rye House Hoddesdon, Herts Friday 20th June 2.5 hours outdoor

Daytona Milton Keynes Friday 15th August 3 hours outdoor

The Raceway Kings Cross, London Friday 17th October 2.5 hours indoor

Join Gold Track at the UK’s premiere endurance kart racing venues for our 5 race challenge.

Everyone enjoyed the fiercely fought kart races we ran in 2002 so for 2003 we’ve expanded to a season long challenge. Enter your team for the entire season and compete for The Gold Track Endurance Challenge trophy which will be presented to the winning team at The Raceway after the last race in October.

We’ll provide everything you need at each race: use the suits & helmets provided at each venue or bring your own.

Points will be awarded at each round as follows:-

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th 18th 19th 20th

35 30 25 23 20 18 16 14 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Prizes

At each round

1st, 2nd & 3rd placed teams venue trophies & fizz

Fastest lap – bottle of fizz

Slowest lap- 30 minutes free tuition on your next GTDC track day!

Pole sitter – Gold Track baseball cap

At season end

1st placed team The Gold Track Endurance Challenge trophy & jeroboam of bubbly for team. Individual cups & 100 Track Miles™ for each team member (max 5) with unending glory

2nd placed team Trophy & jeroboam of bubbly for team. Individual cups, & 75 Track Miles™ for each team member (max 5)

3rd placed team Trophy & jeroboam of bubbly for team. Individual cups & 50 Track Miles™ for each team member (max 5)

20th placed team fast lap ride for each team member (max 5) with Calum Lockie, British GT Champion

Cost

£1200 per team + VAT.

Payment schedule

£600 + VAT on booking

£600 + VAT on 1st June 2003

The small print

You don’t have to enter the same drivers at each round but a maximum of 5 drivers will receive trophies.

All drivers must be 18 or older.

You must enter the whole challenge.

Each round will be administered by Gold Track but the actual event will be run by the venue. You will be subject to their marshalling and on track discipline.

Any protests will be heard by the series organiser whose decision is final.

Once you’ve entered your team you’ve committed – we can’t make partial refunds. Your credit card will be debited for 50% on booking and 50% on 1st June.

The challenge will only run with a minimum of 20 teams. No money will be taken until 20 teams have signed up.

The very small print (i.e don’t expect these to happen but just in case…)

Due to circumstances beyond our control the venue/date may be changed at short notice.

Due to circumstances beyond our control the prizes may be changed at short notice.

In the event of a tie positions will be decided on countback using the following criteria – placings, qualifying, fastest laps

Melindi

www.goldtrack.co.uk

I've got the official entry forms, information, etc. in .pdf format now, so email me if you'd like a copy.

Can't believe that there aren't more of you out there that would be up for this!?!  ???

Can't believe that there aren't more of you out there that would be up for this!?!  

Who do you think we are cateringvan owners with more money than sense  :devil:  :D  :p  :)  ;)  :devil:

What's the discount price for cash  ;)  :D  :)  :devil:  :p

Taxi  :devil:  :D

Who do you think we are cateringvan owners with more money than sense  <!--emo&:devil:  :D  :p  :)  ;)  :devil:

What's the discount price for cash  ;)  :D  :)  :devil:  :p

I'd actually given fellow Westfield owners a bit more credit than that, Mark! :durr:

And anyway, you could always try asking Melindi for a discount yourself, and see how far it'll get you. Yes, it's a few hundred quid, but it's probably the cheapest race series you'll ever do. After some quick calculations I worked out for a team of five the cost per race is £56.40 to the individual. A total of £282 for all 5 races. And you get half an hour in the saddle at each event. 2 1/2 hours total! Pretty good in my book! How much and how long is each sprint in the Speed Series this year? And all you have to do is turn up and drive. No phaffing about with your car on a trailer or anything. So do some sums before whinging about the cost...

Adrian

An alternative is the BookaTrack inter-carclub karting challenge at Daytona MK on 9th Feb for only £60

No Westfield team entered yet. Anyone interested?

mmmmm.....a whole day's blasting around Donington in my Westy and a slap-up meal at Missus Miggins Pie-Shop, or 5 x 30 minute "blasts" in a go-kart

Looking at the cost, assuming a team of 5, it's £240 each for 5 races. That's £48 a race...for 30 minutes of track time...that is very very expensive in my book. I've been round the MK and King's Cross tracks a few times and they're nice (I love the bank at KC), but they ain't that good !

Sorry, but Donington wins hands down !

Trouble is SEiGHT, as we all know it's not just the cost of the track day that you have to take into account. There's fuel, tyres and all the other consumables which send the cost far beyond what you pay the track hire company...

But who gives a t.... I don't, so I'm not going to bother asking for support for this anymore if all I get when I look at this thread is a load of rubbish from some some :arse: on how he thinks the entry fee could be better spent in his book!!!

Good night!

Sorry if I offended, that wasn't my intention, but I was just trying to point out why maybe you haven't had the interest you thought you would get  ???

Adrian,

I think you need to give it a little more time, for area meets or otherwise to get the word around.

Can you refresh your original thread so we have the details again.

PS - My comment as to the prize for the slowest lap was a veiled question as to whether there is a class for us 19st + Westy drivers. (I'm not fat...I'm big boned !;)

Been in two minds about a reply since Mr Stanton's initial mis-givings (which I think/hope was more tougue in cheek, rather than a serious jibe at the price), as I don't like to dis-agree with anyone who runs anything voluntarilly.....BUT.....

I think the Gold Track karting offers reasonable (that means not excellent, but not crap, OK.........) value. If you have any experience of the Gold Track operation (I don't personally, but I know some-one who has), you'll know that they are a top quality track day company, with a good reputation. I'm sure you get a lot more for your money than *just* 30 minutes in a kart, per event, and you can't put a price on fun or camerarderie. So enough picking these events to bits. If you can't afford it/don't want to do it 'cos you think it's not good value, fine, but in this case, I think if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing. Otherwise you'll put others off from offering, or, more importantly, organising events that you may want to do, and we'll all miss out.

Adrian, thanks for the offer. It's one that I won't be taking up, because, sadly, I won't have the time, but please continue to offer us any events that you feel are suitable. With 8 years of Westfield ownership under your belt, I'm sure you can judge what those are.............

Toys all gathered up and put back in the pram ...

Excuse? It was late, and I was tired ...

Chris, see above.

Blatters, it'll be 11 years in March, actually...

Humbley yours

Adrian :blush:

Apooloogies if comment offended twas not meant to.  ;)

Karting doesn't seem too popular amongst the WSCC crowd at the moment  :(  There were a couple of area organised events that had to be cancelled due to lack of support  :(  :(  ;)