Yes Or No? To Cutting Out The 'fake' Moulded Vents On Bonnet?

Onliest Smeg David

The engine bay collects plenty of water from the open front end of the tub any way so personally I cant see it making much difference , mines been fine in the wet but I did cut round holes and finished off with gromets (these can be changed for blanking grommets to keep some water out if needed) , it stopped the gel coat from changing colour above the exhaust if nothing else ;

38255_1512539540509_4711544_n.jpg

It's no worse than a V8 bonnet for water over the engine area, and possibly better! While there are some valid issues to solve, we are starting to get a bit silly now ;)

If you're not doing it foor cooling then IMO don't cut it, I much prefer the look of an unfettled bonnet :)

MGF255... hwo did you get such a clean finish to your Carb cut out with the plastic surround??

Surely you would have had an end or lip where start met finish???

Thanks

Dan

MGF255... hwo did you get such a clean finish to your Carb cut out with the plastic surround??

Surely you would have had an end or lip where start met finish???

Thanks

Dan

I did look at fitting smaller filters but this wasnt recommended because i`d have lost too much clearance for the air horns inside so i took the next best option .

I used the rubber u-channel supplied by the factory to edge the cut out , I just had to make sure it was pressed tightly into all the corners and then make the join a good fit by cutting it slightly to long so it pushes together once fitted , the join is in the middle of the bottom run .

:t-up:

Thanks for your thoughts......

I'm

not cutting!!