Can You Have An Ambulance Standing By.

Norman Verona

I've started tiling again and am just about to use the electric plane to shave some cupboard doors down. I'm going to cover these doors in tiles (like the floor)

So lets see what I can damage today.

What's your blood group? Good to be prepared.

Oh Gods no, not an electric plane; they can kick and buck and....

...the choppers warming it's engines, the CasEvac team's staring at the 'phone expectantly, and the trauma ward's awaiting the extra blood from stores.

Fire that puppy up!

Er, seriously, er good luck, please don't plane any squishy bits.

My blood group is red. Isn't everyones?

Planing finished, doors PVA'd, tile cement mixed, having a cuppa.

Postman's just been and delivered a box. It's got the distributor cap and rotor inside. The box is stuffed with shredded paper. HM says she doesn't want it all over her clean floor. She gets a bin bag and hold it open for me to empty the box into it. Problem is, with only one thumb that grips it's difficult to hold the box. The contents go all over the floor.

I wonder how many days it'll take for the subject to wither and die.

I'll do some tiling then fit the new bits and see if my spark comes back. Actually, looking at the cap, the carbon brush is much longer than the present one.

Dont burn yourself on the kettle!

I've started tiling again and am just about to use the electric plane to shave some cupboard doors down. I'm going to cover these doors in blood (like the floor)

Fixed ;)

• Like 1

Not yet, so far so good.

I've removed 6 loose tiles at the top of the stairs. Coated in PVA, now drying. Will restick later.

It won't be the carbon brush that is longer, it will be the spring that is not so compressed underneathe it. ( I added the e to make it sound French).

Fancy that, no one thought of the bleeding obvious.

No, I've had the old brush off and refitted correctly. The new one protrudes about double the length of the old one. Of course it could just be the tower on the new one is lower.

I'll try the new rotor arm first and if still no spark then swap the cap. If I then have a spark we know that's probably what the problem was. Be strange if it is as this setup was fitted in 2002.

OK, back to tiles. I've re cemented 4 in the bathroom. I'm not happy about them as they are a bit proud. But I've got to the point of as long as they stay down I'll put up with a bit of unevenness.

There are six to do tomorrow.

I'm now having a rest then a shower then try the car.

Ed to add;

Sorry forgot to say no damage other than a broken tile. Shouldn't have hit it so hard getting the old cement off. It adds character.

Thunderbirds can stand down now then :d :d :d :d

Bob

OK, Virgil.

I'm going to finish off the tiles this morning and want to watch the semi's this afternoon. It's a crap day here today, with heavy grey skies and showers so may give the car a miss today. Forecast is the same until Monday, when it'll still be cloudy but no rain. Hopefully the Le Mans crowd will be able to drive home in the dry.

Nothing like watching a semi is there Norm.

Bob :p

ive been laughing all day at the men's semi's....... (school boy humour) fnarr fnarr - very funny s2rrr :d