Help - Misfiring - Brands Tomorrow

Young Pretender

Are the inside of the spark plug lead caps dry?

Glad you sorted it and enjoyed Brands

Maybe 2 things to do

1) Don't put water near the engine

2) Get a new set of plugs and HT leads

And don't clean the engine just before a trackday. ;) We're expecting a full report of the day.

Very true Soot1e, I knew it was a bad idea but couldn't help myself.

Had an absolute cracker of a day once I'd overcome my little difficulties, the only downer being a wee bit of sunburn! :blush:

It was quite daunting at first but got into it quite quickly.. Some stunning cars, great people and plenty of video footage lol. I'm just downloading a little vid which hopefully isn't too boring :d

Just to clarify. Water in the plug wells will not affect the plugs performance. It will short out the electrics.

If the plug leads are sealed at the top of the head the heat from the engine will boil the water but the steam will not be able to escape so condenses and stays as water in the well.

If you pull back the rubber seals and run the car it will all boil away and will dry out.

Simple.

ed to add that I know all this from personal experience and knowing that feet are for dancing.

We need vid!

I have one more or less ready to go. I just need to find a suitable Royalty Free track for the intro but seems that these are hard to come by. Anyone have a 'good' source for Royalty free music?

Just post the video --No music please

We don't need music honest! I'd rather listen the car.

Don't worry it's only for the intro, won't overlap any driving