Got Pulled By The Old Bill Today....

Lordbenny

So, out on a blatt today.....**** me my car's fast.....anyway....got home and pulled into the drive. Got out, turned around to see a police car parked across my drive. They shouted something that I couldn't hear at first. I thought they were going to give me a 'telling off' for giving it 'the beans' on the way up the hill to my house....but....'we just stopped to admire your car!' Ha ha, I strolled over and had a 5 minute conversation about Westfields, Caterhams, (Caterham is 2 miles from me!) and the Old Bill's favourite....Ariel Atoms.

Obviously, I put him off Atoms (to impractical) and Caterhams (far too expensive!!!!) So he left wanting a Westy....good job he didnt see my illegal, undersized front plate!

Cue recent pics alongside slightly more glamorous friends:

P1meetHorsleyTowers005.jpg

• Like 1

I know of 1

I know of three.

i'll raise you to 4

that Ferrari is stunning :cool:

We just stopped to admire your car? Seriously?

Glad we pay so much tax now, what an efficient plice force we have stopping to admire cars, no doubt they also stopped to feed the ducks in the park on the way home, had an ice cream, maybe went to the zoo. Hope they didn't work too hard that day.

Glad we pay so much tax now, what an efficient plice force we have stopping to admire cars, no doubt they also stopped to feed the ducks in the park on the way home, had an ice cream, maybe went to the zoo. Hope they didn't work too hard that day.

And if they stopped a bollocked you for driving like a **** , you would be on here complaining about that too!

• Like 1

Not at all, that's their job, to stop people driving like c**ks. Not to stop and admire peoples' cars, especially when they are under pressure to perform because of the spending cuts.

And how do you know they weren't having a crafty glance round to check there wasn't anything dangerously wrong with the vehicle? Taxed? Tyres? things hanging off?

Credit your average traffic cop with a bit of common sense!!

That made me smile Dibby :t-up:

And how do you know they weren't having a crafty glance round to check there wasn't anything dangerously wrong with the vehicle? Taxed? Tyres? things hanging off?

Credit your average traffic cop with a bit of common sense!!

Why do that!!!!!!!!!!

If thats the case then they should say so and not lie about why they pulled him :bangshead:

It would be much better if they were to be HONEST rather than sneaky.

I've been stopped several times, been warned about, maybe, driving too fast then the conversation moves to the car.

But I've never had a police car stop for no reason other than to talk about a car.

I know most of South Yorkshire (should say "did know") traffic and not one of them would stop to chat about a car.

Maybe I'm not as good looking as others.

Same here Norm, been pulled, given my 3 points and £60 fine, and deserved it. Never been stopped just to have a chat about the car.

Why do that!!!!!!!!!!

If thats the case then they should say so and not lie about why they pulled him :bangshead:

It would be much better if they were to be HONEST rather than sneaky.

Exactly. Would we be given such tolerance if we flagged a patrol car down because they have a nice looking car, and we wanted to have a sniff round it, what's that button do officer? Can I have a look at the radio officer? What's the top speed? What she rev to?

I collected more points than a contestant on a Brucie quiz. I've been banned 4 times (totting up).

All deserved but only one complaint and that was when the car wasn't following me but was on a high ramp coming down to join the main road. I challenged them and they left it at a "telling off"