Wipers That Work - Recomendations Please

Telomerase

So I lost a wiper blade on the way back from Applecross.

My car is currently fitted with chrome 'spoon fit' type wipper arms / blades (TEX b00308 blade) that I think are off an MG midget. Which while pretty don't do the job very well and technology has moved on.

Any recomendations, MOT is due at the end of the month.? I was thinking for getting a pair of black donor arms and fitting flat areo blades, but...

Cant find any modern wipers in less than 10 inch length - any ones that are easy to cut down to 8 inch?

The wipers are not that bad, this is the rubber blade that is crap. I replaced the rubber with the rubber from a standard cheap wiper, cut to length.

Yeah, I replaced mine with a set of Halford's universal refills, cut down to length. You do need to modify the holder section of the wiper arm slightly, but it's dead easy to do. The blades have been fine since.

(Though I notice I do seem to be developing a bit of a lazy passenger side wiper. I'm presuming there must be a spring in there somewhere on the drive rack, as you can see it start to drag on a drying screen slowing and eventually stopping. Spray some screen wash on, and it immediately "catches up") :bangshead:

Don't bother buying new blades from Westfield. The ones supplied with my kit last year split after 3 weeks on the road, and although they were replaced FOC, I've just noticed the replacement rubber has fallen apart yet again and they have not even been used in anger yet.

I can only think there was a huge batch bought years ago and that the shelf stock has perished over time. Off to Halfrauds for universal refils, methinks.

I have boiught one of these, same as the orginals https://www.europaspares.com/product/50/12770/WIPERS/WIPER_BLADES/Wiper_Blades___5_2mm_Spoon_Type.html

Will get me through the MOT. I can't replace the rubber as the blade is currently being mashed to pieces somewher on the A82. After judicous bending of the arm to make the spoon more spoony they are better but still cr*p.

Don't go out in the rain is the answer, if it does rain the inside gets wet and you can't see anyway.

Passing MOT has not been a problem , I'm usually just asked if they work .

my wipers work - thanks to Martin Parkes and his engineering skill...... :) (but only on the outside) chamois does the inside

Could do with a Landrover one on the inside clipped to the top of the frame !

I found the best cure for westfield wiperitus is an aeroscreen:)

I got caught in rain last Saturday

Turned wipers on

Nothing happened

God bless factory built cars

If only the plug was plugged into the wiper motor....

Or should I say wrapped in tape to stop it accidentally disconnecting itself

Hey ho what fun

Bob