Face Palm!

Lordbenny

We are all human and constantly demonstrate it. I filled a diesel car up with petrol when my job was Obergrupenfuehrer of yes including a garage worshop and numerous diesel and petrol vehicles etc etc and maintenance thereof. Don't know what was worse the embarrassment when I told people with the obvious "you in your position did what" or the fact that it cost me two tanks of juice and £100. Only did it that once though and after working for the oil companies for 44 years would have thought a foolproof nozzle system could be introduced so that numpties like me and the thousands of similarly idiotic folk like me can stop doing it. KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bob :bangshead::durr::d

... after working for the oil companies for 44 years would have thought a foolproof nozzle system could be introduced so that numpties like me and the thousands of similarly idiotic folk like me can stop doing it.

A new nozzle system has been created, called FuelSure, that can be retro-fitted to diesel cars to prevent you from being able to put petrol into a diesel car. A quick search shows this device as being available for £20 from Halfords. I'm sure I've read somewhere that some car manufacturers have already started integrating a version of this into some new cars too (but can't remember which car manufacturer).

Note: I'm not affiliated with FuelSure in any way, and I've not even tried it myself, so I'm not making a recommendation here... just sharing knowledge in case it's useful to anyone :)

Can't remember if it was my old Disco or XC90 that had a miss-fuelling system as standard. Try sticking a petrol nozzle into the filler neck and some kind of sealing flap was supposed to spring into place. never tried it though, so can't comment on it's efficiency! :d:p :p :p

I am allways looking for the good in folk!!!, to be fair, a) He is possibly over excited with possibly his first new car. b)They have put the empty sign behind the nozzle, not in front where it should be!! c) This may be the cheapest petrol he has seen in his motoring life??

and its not as dumb as filling a diesel up with petrol which ive done loads of times , as have others on this forum :(

OI !