Bloody Jobsworths

XTR2Turbo

Applied for a new passport a few weeks back.

I have received a letter saying they are rejecting the picture because my head occupies more than 75% of the picture. Looking at it I don't think it does. If it wasn't for the fact I need the passport back for Classic Lemans in a few weeks I would be writing back and attaching a calculation as proof !!! :angry:

Another reason to stick with your old style driving licence if you have one.

David

Gosh, you must have been totally unrecognisable with your head taking up a whole 75% of a photo.

You have my sympathy.

There are 21 criteria for the photo including ..

6) a close up of the head and shoulders so the face covers 45-75% of the photo

but worse ...

10) not too light

11) not too dark

18) taken with a neutral expression

talk about subjective ...

I paid a few extra quid for the post office to check my application on the spot before it was sent. I failed twice, so it was worth the dosh.

Thats the one benefit of being in the military, free passports and the writers do all the paperwork for you, and the phot section deal with the photo

I paid the post office also. Not that it did much good ???

You won't need a passport to Europe soon. After the collapse of the Euro we are going to make it part of the British empire :laugh:

• Like 1

David, I have a pic of you bailing an orange westy, will that do. He he he he

Thanks Mark. I think it may fail test 18 above

also there is 9 - only of the intended passport holder - no toys, dummies or other people visible) Not sure who they are calling a dummy ;-))

You won't need a passport to Europe soon. After the collapse of the Euro we are going to make it part of the British empire :laugh:

I got into Germany without a passport. No I am not that old ... !! It was about 15 years ago and it cost me a few hundred DM when I arrived :d I did have a photocopy of it on me and they had to run some checks.

Thanks Mark. I think it may fail test 18 above

also there is 9 - only of the intended passport holder - no toys, dummies or other people visible) Not sure who they are calling a dummy ;-))

Perhaps they have seen a video of a mini being parked at speed?......I am still laughing.

I turned up at Manchester Airport and found, or rather didn't find, my passport wasn't where it was supposed to be, in my case.

The airline wouldn't let me on the plane without one, I never got as far as border control.

I went home, searched high and low and ended up getting a temporary one at the post office (many phone calls later).

needless to say I was 1 day late for my meeting.

Some years later I found the original passport down the back of a settee/bed thingie.