Compomotive Group Buy

GreigM

Just in case anyone is interested, I've been in touch with James@Compomotive as I need a new set of wheels and while he offered a generous discount as it was he said they could do more if it was 4 sets of wheels being ordered - don't have to be the same size, just a bit of a discount incentive....

So if anyone is interested let me know, and we'll work up some pricing otherwise I'll be ordering in the next couple of days.

I need to find out the offsets, but what would I be looking at for a set of 13s - pair of 7s and pair of 8s?

I would be a definitely to buy 4, a pair of 6 inch and a pair of 7. Only issue I have is I cannot measure the offset till the weekend. Let me know if these timescales fit for you.

Cheers,

Stuart.

I was looking at buying some new 13" wheels but the cost of new rubber is putting me off :down:

Is there any cheap rubber out there at the moment? £100 for 1 R888 is taking the :arse:

Is it track day rubber or road? Would slicks do? Unfortunately with the price of oil being relatively high and the ongoing supply issues with the Tsunami in Japan I wouldn't expect tyre prices to drop any time soon....or ever.

Hello Greig, I was looking at R888 or other track focussed/ still road legal... I guess your right though if changing wheels I'll need to budget £400 for tyres... :down:

guys, had a discussion with James @ Compomotive and I'm going ahead with my order as I've got a bit of a time pressure, however he says he'll honour a discount to WSCC members - just contact him direct on james @ compomotive .co .uk

to give you an idea, I saved near enough £150 in total....in fact the wheels are working out cheaper than the tyres to fit on them!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I was building my car again I'd tell them not to supply wheels and have a set of those instead. They are truly luvverly Greig

:love:

depends on the widths... its all on their website i think

13inch are approx 5Kg from memory.. less for a 6 inch.. more for a 10 inch obviously