Wow, Thats One Expensive '7'

Lordbenny

Be honest, what would you rather have....the Caterham, or....

http://www.pistonhea...les/3933372.htm plus a few quid for insurance, tyres, a fruity exhaust, a good service and a holiday!

But how does the roof come off and how do I fit the aeroscreen in summer? How will it be on the narrow twisty roads over the Cat and Fiddle and the Peaks?

How will it be on the narrow twisty roads over the Cat and Fiddle and the Peaks?

Sorry, you have a wide car already - what you need is a classic narrow Westfield to do that. :p;):d

Mornin', mate! :t-up::cool:

Don't you go confusing a good argument with your pesky facts! ;)

Mornin'

How's Sophie? Do you have any flower beds left? Max has discovered wall paper :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :down::bangshead: :bangshead: :swear: :swear:

:laugh: Well put!

Sophie is in highly rude health and has discovered spectacles, books, paper and pencils. None of this would be too bad if she used the spectacles to read the books, and made notes with the pencils and paper - instead of eating them all. :swear::bangshead:

And yes, she still tunnels in the garden as well. :bangshead:

Give Max a scratch behind the ears for me. :t-up::cool: God bless our pets and everyone who is owned by one. :laugh:

I can only agree about pets. They are wonderful, loving, caring, helpful souls.

Mines gone to Super U to do the weeks shopping.

:o:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Crazy money. I suspect not many people have a spare £60k for a kit car.

More money than sense

and whilst the car is sitting their for sale the warranty is being eaten into as well

Like most of the comments the thought of spending 25k plus on a 7 is ludicrous (or half that IMO) - you can have just as much fun in a car costing fraction of the price although admittedly in most cases you wont be going quite so quick when you crash :d

but most of us are not the target audience for the car in question so it is all rather irrelevant what we think

• Like 2

but most of us are not the target audience for the car in question so it is all rather irrelevant what we think

So, who is the target audience. Do you think whoever buys this car will have owned a '7' before? What would their previous car have been? Will she/he be a lottery winner? I'd imagine that if they knew anything about '7''s they'd know that that were throwing £10k down the drain the moment they drove it on a public road!

Don't get me wrong,it's a lovely car, but as has been already said, once you get over £30k, even if I won the lottery, I'd be looking at something else as a fast, road,/Sunday drive/track car.

It probably won't sell to a UK customer but to a buyer in China, Singapore, Hong Kong or Japan that most probably already has plenty of toys.

As an example, almost all of Lambo Gallardo SLs that have come up for sale here in the lasy year have shipped overseas. It's where the money and demand is at the moment.

It's all about disposable income. To some people just having a second car as a "toy" is a ludicrous waste of money, it all depends on where your priorities lie and how much money you have to spend on your hobby. As Gadgetman said, comments about people spending that much money on a car being stupid, are made by people in glass house throwing stones..... :bangshead:;):)

I'd imagine that if they knew anything about '7''s they'd know that that were throwing £10k down the drain the moment they drove it on a public road!

but that applies to just about any £60k brand new car (and that's essentially what this is...) unless for some reason it has a rarity that maintains its value above 'list' such as the Porsche 997 GT3RS 4.0 :love: - more than 20% of the 'on the road' cost of a brand new car is taken up in taxation so that is effectively wiped from the value as soon as you leave the forecourt

To people with this kind of money to spunk on a car like a se7en it's just a toy and they probably have a Sunseeker or Chris Craft boat and an MV Augusta motorbike - just look at the recent McLaren MP4-12C owners visit to the factory that was featured on PH, nearly all of them had a Ferrari 458 as well as the MP4-12C, I think from memory one had an Aventador as well :o

but seriously, who are we to question what the target audience for this car is or decide what other (much more wealthy) people spend their money on? I used to know a guy who owned amongst others, a Ferarri 246 Dino, a Ferrari Testarossa, a mental Yamaha V-Max bike plus he shared a 1971 Can-Am Lola, a C type Jaguar and a Lister '****bly' Chevy with his brother, if he'd decided he wanted a mental se7en as well then I suspect he'd look at this one :t-up:

So, who is the target audience. Do you think whoever buys this car will have owned a '7' before? What would their previous car have been? Will she/he be a lottery winner? I'd imagine that if they knew anything about '7''s they'd know that that were throwing £10k down the drain the moment they drove it on a public road!

the sort of people that can afford to buy this sort of car are not bothered, that is the whole point - small change to them

on your logic nobody would ever buy anything new

darned it - Peter said it much better than me :laugh:

It probably won't sell to a UK customer but to a buyer in China, Singapore, Hong Kong or Japan that most probably already has plenty of toys.

As an example, almost all of Lambo Gallardo SLs that have come up for sale here in the lasy year have shipped overseas. It's where the money and demand is at the moment.

Exactly.

Most of us are on a budget of some kind and look for value for money ... but then some people think £5-£10k on a toy car that only gets used on dry weekends is a waste of money, but it's not up to us to tell others how to spend their cash and not up to others to tell us how to spend ours.

It'll probably end up being some arab sheikh rich-kid's pocket money track toy for a few weeks and sold on for peanuts when he gets tired of it.

Met an American at a wedding last weekend who was flown over by Bentley for a look round the factory, if you can afford a Bentley, they can afford to fly you out and you can afford to ship it to the States. There is plenty of money around, just not right under our noses.