Save My Job

pete g

cheers guys .cant sit here doing nothing . im on a 14 break in my shift rota not knowing if i have a job to go back to.

24years service down the drain and pension in adminstration too . so double wammy :down:

going up london tomorrow for demo watch out for me :laugh: all ready been on bbc news at 10 the othe rday demostrating outside the vopak terminal.

it will kill the local area here. last of the big employers. for the last 5 years this refinery has been in profit but it was bailing out the french and other countries refineries .now they have all been sold to new owners and put the debt all on our uk refinery.all the other will soon be up and running again debt free .the french one with gov bail out.[worse refinery in europe] but they get min 250000 euro each redundancy each for over one year service [we get gov min] easy to shut another uk busness.

funny that the banks withdrew their money to force petroplus into adminstration. after they new the french refinery would be shut.

get ready for the price of fuel to go up gain due to transport costs and importing direct from europe. exchange rates etc.

the other refineries in uk will not be far behind all turned into terminals and fuel imported from europe and india.

every other refinery in uk is making a loss due to cheap imports .plus the goverment will make more money on the tax if price goes up.

i think its already about 70p out of every ltr you pay.

tax going up again in august on fuel i believe. :no:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete g

• Norman Verona

• dombanks

• SootySport

Will it make any difference, absolutely not. We just lost thousands in the Armed Forces yesterday, with many many more to come. Pay freezes for the last two years, pensions in turmoil..... I could keep going on and on. And as for Petrol prices rising, I must say in Cornwall they have dropped by 12p/l over the last two months

Editted to add.

Not meaning to sound harsh or anything, but the govt are useless, as were the last lot as will the next lot be

Edited by ajpearson

Will it make any difference, absolutely not. We just lost thousands in the Armed Forces yesterday, with many many more to come. Pay freezes for the last two years, pensions in turmoil..... I could keep going on and on. And as for Petrol prices rising, I must say in Cornwall they have dropped by 12p/l over the last two months

Editted to add.

Not meaning to sound harsh or anything, but the govt are useless, as were the last lot as will the next lot be

but you got to try even if it just shames them to pay a proper redundancy tupe avoidance

OOO! Pete, your're page 11 Pin up in the Evening Echo, good to see you put your best trainers on :)

aww better go and buy it lol .

yes i had my best on my others leak :laugh: :laugh:

nope :suspect:

Done,

I agree it is unlikely to make a difference but I like you would want to have at least done my best to prevent it.

Good luck

the goverment will make more money on the tax if price goes up.

Er, isn't that OUR money? The government only administer it.

It's no good complaining about this and last governments. Find an MP with some sense and leadership and get enough people to petition he creates a new party and all will vote for him.

I was getting so fed up with it all that I was going to create the "common sense" party and stand for election.

But I moved to France instead.

I trust you all realise that none of this would happen in France. The redundancy here is more than generous (so much so that it prohibits employment) and the French would never let a foreign company take over any strategic French company.

I trust you all realise that none of this would happen in France. The redundancy here is more than generous (so much so that it prohibits employment) and the French would never let a foreign company take over any strategic French company.

They even buy up ours!

EDF- The French state owned energy company

Same in Germany. The local states have a blocking ownership in most companies.

cheers i might try and bring the hard copy of the petition up with me this curborough weekend .if any one want to sign it they can.

will save my wscc sprinting this year too :yes: . or i will have to withdraw early :no:

looks like the v8 will be up for sale soon and the slk350. not getting rid of the multipla. no one want it anyway :p