Payback!

Andy Rob

Hi there! Have followed this site as a Guest for months now, but have now taken the plunge as a fully fledged Member.

Couldn't have done it without WSCC Forums - guys like Kevin Todman, Doug Dastardly and Rhett Turner have been like best mates, in walking me through many of the build challenges!

Am hopefully into the last few weeks of my build (have been at it 9 months now!) and felt it was time for some pay back. So looking forward to helping any other newbies.

I am no expert, but I have had the advantage of doing most things at least twice on my Westfield, having broken or wrongly fitted most of it the first time!!

Andy

• Like 1

Aww shucks :blush:

Must admit I don't remember helping you! Have you changed user name or just been reading my posts?

Good on you for signing up anyway. :t-up:

Doug

Thanks Doug. Reading your posts and questions on WSCC were help enough.

Uncannily you were always a few weeks ahead of me and solved most of my problems before I hit them!!

Just need to get the finger out and get her finished now...

have to agree this forum has answers for most problems and I would also thank the guys you mention for great threads and blogs even at my earlier stage of build

• Like 1

Hi there! Have followed this site as a Guest for months now, but have now taken the plunge as a fully fledged Member.

Couldn't have done it without WSCC Forums - guys like Kevin Todman, Doug Dastardly and Rhett Turner have been like best mates, in walking me through many of the build challenges!

Am hopefully into the last few weeks of my build (have been at it 9 months now!) and felt it was time for some pay back. So looking forward to helping any other newbies.

I am no expert, but I have had the advantage of doing most things at least twice on my Westfield, having broken or wrongly fitted most of it the first time!!

Andy

Most of us are amateur builders so doing things twice is the norm, You know how to fit a part ok then think of a better way or change it, I echo your experiences in my long Tinkering Career.

About time you put up some photos of your build and what spec. it is.

What dials do you have Andy ?

Was trying to figure out my wiring on the dash yesterday but no joy !!

I'm in N.I. near Ballynahinch, I have a high spec FW Duratec, drop me a PM if you want some ideas or want to see my car to help you out.

I have ETB dials - but the only one connected so far is the fuel gauge! Think they will be a bit of trial and error as they are fitted in connector blocks and need separated and wired into the back of the clocks.

Sorry, I cant be of help at the moment myself, but I am sure someone on here can help!

Andy

Same dials as me then i guess, the standard Westfield items. i shall have a play at the weekend i guess, cheers

I will be doing likewise - so if you get there first let me know!!!

Have been having major problems with engine overheating, leaking coolant and a fan that wouldn't come on. All related to air in the system but finally got there!

So it's the rest of the dashboard for me this weekend too!

Should be quite straightforward..............

................unless of course you don't have the extra sheet with the wiring info on it from WF :cry:

If you email me I'll send you what I've got (I've lost your email due to PC change)

I've a couple of sheets with notes on loom wires and corresponding wiring to clocks (which is, of course, all different colours!)

Doug