Loheac Car Museum.

Norman Verona

PeterG and I went to Loheac car museum on Tuesday..

If you're anywhere near Rennes (or here) make sure you allocate a day.

On my "To Do" list :)

http://www.manoir-automobile.fr/welcome/index.php website not so good, but collection looks interesting and the various track layouts that can be hired certainly worth a day out away from the manoirs and chateaus

The museum is well laid out with lots of rooms for special collections. A Lamborghini room, the Ferrari room, the models, the F1 room and that's apart from the general collection. The purpose built building has been continually expanded as the collection grows. But there are other things to look at, not just cars.

I was told to visit Loheac as it was track with a museum. In my mind I imagined a track with an old shed in the corner. The first time I went I was really blown away.

As I understand it, the owner is the publisher of the French motoring magazines and there are lots of them.

If you've never been to Bretagne get a Bretagne Cider at the cafe. You may be surprised.

• Like 1

We went there last year with the Cotswolds club. Lots of interesting cars there

Looks fantastic.

Seriously good collection (you will need a couple of hours just to look at all the models and dioramas), described by a friend who has been to many of them as "probably the best car museum in France", so informal and relaxed without the regiments of 'staff' telling you off for taking photos or touching the exhibits that you get over here...

Great lunch at 'Pile ou Face' at the end of the road and the cidre was superb :yes:

We had to ask what "Pile ou Face" meant as it was beyond me.

Easy really, "Heads or Tales"

Glad to see you got home OK, Peter. I take it the car was OK.

I find it rather mysterious that there isn't one Bugatti on display. Maybe he keeps them in his private collection.

I really must move this higher up on my "to do" list :d

You really should go. Not only will the exhibits impress you but so will the buildings.

Pete, I've sent an answer to the email about the Norton but I'm not sure it's gone from my phone. I'll pass them on to Camille.

I think this is the photo you refer to above:

https://picasaweb.google.com/petergwestie/LeManoirDeLAutomobiles?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIXx0uS-joi7cw&feat=directlink#5749840479370298450

Yvonne and I went to the Loheac car museum last year. Absolutely mind-blowing.

For those who have the museum on a "To-Do" list, just move it to the top. You will not be disappointed.