F1 Tyres

SteveD

now im no big f1 fanboy ,but if its on and im doing nowt ill watch it

just sat down for 10 mins witha cold magners and watching the race , all as they are going on about is look after your tyres and how the tyres efected qualifying and the race

why not just make and give them tyres that chuffin work for chuff sake so the drivers can drive as fast as they can all the race not slowing to look after tyres and having to use two different compounds etc

f1 is a farce

duno wuv i dont watch it enough ,just seems a joke they cant give em a tyre they can drive 100% on and will last

See what your saying Steve but so far this season the racing has been more engaging to view bar the Monaco F1. I for one am enjoying it, but overall it could do with a bit of relaxation of all the rules it seems too constrained.

Come on Force India :d

My cousin-in-law works for Force India. He designs the wishbones apparently.

Back to racing.

At the end of today's race the commentator declared the we had rarely seen such close racing. I looked at PeterG (here on holiday) and he looked at me. The first 6 cars were nose to tail in a not-so-fast procession. That's not racing. Racing is where one car overtakes another. Overtakes, mind you, not barges into it and pushes it off track.

My cousin-in-law works for Force India. He designs the wishbones apparently.

Back to racing.

At the end of today's race the commentator declared the we had rarely seen such close racing. I looked at PeterG (here on holiday) and he looked at me. The first 6 cars were nose to tail in a not-so-fast procession. That's not racing. Racing is where one car overtakes another. Overtakes, mind you, not barges into it and pushes it off track.

oh god i feel sorry for you wuv having mr g there , hope he is behaving himself

ps. trying to convince bev that we should pop over

He's been before so I know to keep away :)

now im no big f1 fanboy ,but if its on and im doing nowt ill watch it

just sat down for 10 mins witha cold magners and watching the race , all as they are going on about is look after your tyres and how the tyres efected qualifying and the race

why not just make and give them tyres that chuffin work for chuff sake so the drivers can drive as fast as they can all the race not slowing to look after tyres and having to use two different compounds etc

f1 is a farce

That's more or less what Michael Schumaker said a couple of weeks ago. (without the chuffin's ;) ) I think I agree, it's going too far towards endurance racing, and not so much about driver out and out speed, :t-up:

My opinion is changing, today was one of the most boring races thus far, and the tyres are just getting ridiculous

Bring back all the old rules with regards pit stops

I've loved it all so far this season....people need to understand that it's not all about the racing. It's about everything that surrounds it as well as the racing, the pit stops the strategies, the cars, everything!. Agree that if you want to see all out racing go and watch the touring cars. In f1, the pit crews compete against each other as do the designers,the strategists, etc, etc. but you need to engage with all the aspects of the race.

Yep, we have had a few years in the last decade that have been boring as one car has been so much stronger than the others, but sorry guys, this season ain't on of them....6 different winners in six races, lots of overtaking, it's bl**** fantastic and anyone who disagrees is wrong.....so there :-)

I disagree, but we won't fall out. :)

I thought that F1 was about improving motor technology. The tyre rules won't do that. Surprised the manufacturer goes along with it. How one manufacturer to supply the tyres, without competition can improve tyres for road going cars fails me,

I've loved it all so far this season....people need to understand that it's not all about the racing. It's about everything that surrounds it as well as the racing, the pit stops the strategies, the cars, everything!. Agree that if you want to see all out racing go and watch the touring cars. In f1, the pit crews compete against each other as do the designers,the strategists, etc, etc. but you need to engage with all the aspects of the race.

Yep, we have had a few years in the last decade that have been boring as one car has been so much stronger than the others, but sorry guys, this season ain't on of them....6 different winners in six races, lots of overtaking, it's bl**** fantastic and anyone who disagrees is wrong.....so there :-)

thats fine if you want to believe that , bernie has turned it into a pile of pooh ,f1 should have the best of everythin g available to them and then be allowed to race each other without the need for **** tyres to spice things up , im sorry but f1 is bulls*** these days i wold rather watch a 750 mc race at oulton

Every team has the same tyres, so irrespective they all need to figure out how to use them...I just see that as a leveller.

I do wonder if there is a generation who harp on about he good old days, and are single minded about the advances and 'new ways' of doing things...you see a similar thing with music....by the way, that's actually not a pop at anyone on this thread, it's a general observation made mostly from people I work with!.

In all seriousness, it is amazing how F1 divides opinion and I can't argue with opinions of individuals. If you don't like It, fair enough. Granted, Monico was the least interesting race this season, but I really struggle to see how anyone who has been watching all of the races could not enjoy it....Maybe thats the secret, immerse yourself in the entire weekend, watch the qualifying, listen to the preamble, enjoy the race...............

Can anyone help me out here as Im starting to think, it might really be just me who likes f1!!!!!!!!!.

i have tried to like f1 i really have but its just total b*****k* these days , bring back refueling and decent chuffin rubber an let the teams race , im not old enough to say bring back he good old days as it was all in black and white then ,but bring back racing to f1 at least and leave the false **** and staged circus that it is these days behind

Ooo so bitter...staged!.....come on you don't really believe that do you?.