Track days

ndyer

The track season is starting to cool down - but Mallory Park is open for testing most Wednesday's (?) and Curborough can be hired from Shenstone & District Car Club for half or a full days use  :D  :)

As regards organised by others, so you just turn up and drive - there ain't much doing at present in the WM

Cadwell 20th Sept www.slipstream-trackdays.co.uk  

Cadwell 30th Sept www.javelin-motorsports.co.uk

Javelin have a day somwhere else check the website for details.

Paul.

oooooo, Donington open pit lane for £169....gimme some of that !

Must be a typo on their web site. I paid TW £230 for a Donington day and that was a bargain apparently....ahem.... :p

Nope, they've accepted my order at £169 so it's legit :D See you there (if the helicopters don't get me first)  :p  :D  :p

Yes, £169 is pretty good for Donington. Trackstar have one there on Monday 18 November for £159 though :D Open pit lane again. Trackstar days usually have instructors on hand for free all day too.

See you at there next Wed!

Cadwell 30th Sept www.javelin-motorsports.co.uk

This is actually www.javlin-motorsport.co.uk :0  :arse:  :t-up:

Having just done Cadwell with the TVR club i can recommend this circuit as FAN F***ING TASTIC :devil:

Hoping to get to Cadwell at the end of Sept with Javelin - these were the guys handing out leaflets at the WSCC airfield day at Elvington, right?

Probably will do Donnington on Wednesday with Bookatrack, nice to see 2 other SEiGHTS entered (Hi Mark, we met at Mallory, me = yellow V8 3.9 with under-slung reggo V8 PET)

Got to get at least 2 more track days in before the car gets put to bed for the winter!

Jon

Hi SEiGHT,

Any chance of a few passenger laps in your beastie?

Didn't quite manage to kill the Evo at Rockingham on Friday, although I did manage to warp the front disks which made braking for the chicane from 130mph on the main straight quite exciting as the afternoon wore on! Got the brakes sorted this morning so all I need to do now is clean up all the pickup off the slicks and kick the kids off the PS2 so I can practice Dony in TOCA Race Driver  :devil:

Bob - you've not seen me drive yet :D You might have second thoughts once you have ! Should be no problem, however it would have to be in the afternoon because I've just put new springs/dampers and have mucked around with ride height etc. Let me get used to the car before I have to worry about the extra weight (no offence !;)

Jon - have you confirmed yet ? There are 3 SEiGHTs confirmed as going, but you're still "provisional".

Call me a big old wuss, but I'm going to check the weather forecast tomorrow morning before I book.

The forecast I saw today looks ok for Wednesday, but the forecaster I saw on Sunday was saying a huge low would be smack over the counrty by mid-week  ???

They'll probably have a better idea by tomorrow  ;)

Jon

Call me a big old wuss, but I'm going to check the weather forecast tomorrow morning before I book.

If you insist....you big old wuss :D

According to http://www.weather.co.uk/weather/local/UKXX0040 it's going to be a great day. Even the BBC agree http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1632&links

Admittedly these web sites seem to change their mind every 5 minutes, but they've been consistent for the past 5 days now. Going to be cold in the morning, but hopefully warming up by the time we get into the track.

Just make sure you aren't beaten in the rush, there are a whole bunch of "provos" in line with you...